1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Iam fat!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kavinarayan, Jan 7, 2009.

1. kavinarayan

kavinarayan Bronze IL'ite

The most annoying issue of whole of india at this point of time is me being fat!!!confusing..let me be clear...people around me and abroad are very concerned or too bothered that iam fat!!!

From my childhood iam a very active person but the only thing is iam always plumpy like my dad...to the contrast my elder sis 5 year older than me is skinny...not my fault...my dad should have married a fat lady or my mom should have married a lean guy to have kids of the same size....

People are so concerned about this...relatives ok they are for that...but even sales girls in the shop..too much yaar...i ones went to a high branded shop to pick up some clothes for my sis ..who is size small...when i went near the rack and was looking for size small the sales girl told me that it would not fit me and i need to check XL...as it is i was furious that there were less collections on XL and more for small...all the irritation broke outRant...i asked the girl if i was stupid to buy small size and try and fit into it...or did i ever tell her that these clothes were for me...its her duty to assist not insult...the sarcastic look and modulation did the wonder...not just me so many of you must have experienced this...

My family just loves me plumpy...my mother said thats not a problem as far as iam active...to be proud iam an excellent volley ball prayer..and i play batminton so well..but what i don't reduce and if i reduce i look dragged...my hubby made it sure that i will not try to reduce cos he loves my cheeks and he hates to see me dragged...

So what kavitha wants to tell thru this is "Fat is also very beautiful" as far as you can make everyone around you happy.....:thumbsup

kavi

2. Paru147

Paru147 New IL'ite

hmmm i cudnt agree more kavitha!!! me being on the heavier side (read REALLY HEAVY! :-D) but then like u said evrybody seems to be commenting on it!!! and i am a person who puts on weight if my neighbour takes fatty food!! ;-)
    well like in your case my hubby too doesnt mind it.. or rather he too likes me as chubby! but then i dont knw how i will look without fat as i nvr seem to loose weight!!!! :-D

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Kavi

I too join you. Whenever we go, there are so many consultants - take kollu rasam, do 1/2 an hour jogging, do exercise, walk regularly.

But I am doing all this. But not even a inch is reducing. But i started loving my bubbly shape.

Like Rajini said in Chandramukhi - SOME PEOPLE WONT LOOK GOOD, IF THEY LOOSE WEIGHT.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

kavi,

been there, heard that and now i have closed myself to all the snips and comments on my weight. enakku theriyadada sonna kaepaen oor arinda unmaii kaaga no wasting time.

there was a time when i was not so obsessed about reducing, now would love to reduce,but the weight is because of continous drugs and surgeries...so have learnt to live with that...

beauty is the eyes of the beholder and the mind of the person...

5. kavithol

kavithol New IL'ite

hi kavi,

i too had same experiences while i was in india. i used to feel very bad especially if i m gonna look for mordern outfits for office.

But after coming to US, I shop for small sized dresses.Here people are so fat compared to india. So feel so happy now..

6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Kavi,
    Do not get affected by what others say,just be as you are. If you feel ok with it,fine go on & you are in fit health.
    May God bless you.
    Jaya

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kavi,
    nice blog..i can understand your irritation..and yes i agree fat is beautiful as long as there are no health problems...some of the most pretty faces i have seen is in fat people....as for ppl they will always comment and offer unasked for advice whether u are fat or thin...learn to ignore...

Mindi

8. leenatitu

leenatitu Bronze IL'ite

Hi kavi,

I enjoyed your writing. The 'XL' insult had happened to me twice and as you said, in a high branded shop. I never mind. The same people who say "you have to reduce your weight", after we losing weight would say "hey! what happen, why are you like this.. any problem.. check with a doctor.." .. better avoid those silly comments and enjoy ur own size...

Leena

9. dollyiyer16

dollyiyer16 Bronze IL'ite

hey kavi,

liked reading your post.you have explained a very practical scenario which any plus size woman will face. i am only on the bigger side and always face problems when buying ready made clothes. I know that my size is L, and i would have even tried it out, but the irritating sales girls would come out of no where and tell me that i might not be able to fit into an L. This really infuriates me and i somethimes give them a piece of my mind:D

Very true statement that if you are chubby but healthy there is no need to worry."FAT IS BEAUTIFUL"

luv,
    dolly

10. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

hi kavi
    Being fat is alright as long as you feel comfortable & is not obese & have none of the health problams also as long as you are not working in air India as a flight hostess:rotfl Just now they sacked ten fat ladies from job!!