1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Iam 60 going on 40- Shoba De style!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka, Apr 29, 2008.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

All these days we were discussing on a thread by Srini saying"what happens at 40- - - - - - - .
    Must be a matter of coincidence. Sunday Magazine section of 'Hindu' has an interview on Shoba De and. well answered by her.I could never subscribe to her ideas. But this time her approach and her serious ways of lookingat things surprised me. I also liked her saying " I don't desire to sit and look after my grandchildren in the conventional style or according to the conventional dictats of the society.
    Yes I do agree in toto to her statement. Who doesn't like grannchild/children. But that should prevent us from accomplishing our ambition/s and our desire to be what we are. Some like to remain young as we were in 40's physically and mentally. That's the reason I titled this thread as 'Iam 40 -- - going on 60's.
    She has analysed the Indian psyche of-

1-
    Appropriating when somene achieves something in life as ours(of Indians) is very true.
    Rightly said Sunita Williams would prefer to identify herself as an American. But we will make all efforts to trace the lineage to any extent to shine on reflected glory.

2. The capability of Indian rural women handling multiple fronts without knowing what multi tasking meansYes, the urban ladies take the credit of handling tasks of different degree, variety and intensity. Meanwhilewe can't think of a day without a maid servant. For many women the blood pressure rises, they walk up and down waiting to hear the door bell ring. With many maids possessing a mobile it is constant dialling to locate her. My hats off to Shoba De.

I would like those friends of mine who has read the sunday issue and also others to express their views. kanaka:coffee

2. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

That's the reason I titled this thread as 'Iam 40 -- - going on 60's ; but the title is in other way!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Kanaka

Thanks for the message.

I like Shobha De's writings, looks, her style and the way she projects herself. I join you in appreciating anybody who at 60.......... feeling as 40.

I am based in Dubai and could not read the Sunday edition of Hindu. May be I'll try online reading.

Warm Regards
    Shanti
    29-4-08