1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I wish to be a nobody?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear dear Rihana,

What a pleasure to see you here! My friend I am a so happy to receive a feedback from you. You know what, I do realize that I am just a seat number when I am up there flying among the clouds but the young naive person that I was then while flying alone, it was always with a sense of "Ha, thank god! I am a good daughter or a dil doing my job". Never removed myself from the actions. I see the sense in what you are saying and as for that welcome home, you cannot be more right! And thank you for that welcome. I do have need to feel at home :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

A very warm post which makes me feel good.
    the fellow who upgraded u, the man who lent his coat to u to make u warm, and let u go first, and said welcome, it is nice to know such people exist, they make u feel special.

i guess we are biased at times, that most peopel are bad, and are there to take advantage of u, u meaning a man or a woman, in a general sense. but that is not so, for if u are kind and smiling people do reciprocate. Every person is looking for a nice person.

Regarding myself, yes i want to leave this world beign a nob ody, leaving behind a few blogs on websites, and if the website survives, till my grandchildren grow big, maybe they read what their grand pa wrote.

HAHA

Good one this.

Regards

kamal

3 people like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you dear Kamalji for such a warm feedback. Yes, we often are biased about people. It is when we are going through a tough time that we realize how many blessings come our way, even if as small little ones and we appreciate that better. I am working hard as you know to retain this sense of gratefulness and to be conscious of good things around me. How right are you in saying "Every person is looking for a right person"!

2 people like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So perfectly and succinctly put Sabitha. This is just what I keep wondering about my own existence..... I am certainly not interested in leaving behind a legacy, being remembered for anything, leaving footprints on the sands of time and all that kind of thing. I hate being pinned down by expectations that might not sit too well on me. But having said that, at the end of the day, I definitely wonder what difference it makes to that little microcosm around me whether I exist or not. That is the crux of the matter and I keep trying to find reasons to justify my existence to myself first and to myself last.

It is so wonderful to receive kindness from total strangers for no reason at all...people we do not know, whom we are least likely to every meet again. It certainly reinforces one's faith in humankind.

3 people like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

So nice to hear from you! While I do question from time time, not day to day :biggrin2: I don't think we should ever try to justify our existence. Have you not heard of Bach say, "Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't" - so we are all serving some purpose even if unknown to us. Just keeping going girl.

Thank you for your feedback and your warm words. That IL world that was also a stranger has now fetched me so many good friends. What more proof do I need?

1 person likes this.
  6. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

I know I am late to see this but by God, I am so glad I didn't miss this wonderful post of yours Sabitha.

Yes, all the little gestures around us every day do matter and in our very own tiny little universe, we matter to the people around us too. They may not always remember to show us how much just as we may forget to express it to those around us but it all matters. Thanks for reminding me to take the time today and acknowledge these gestures. Hope you had a good trip to India. :)

Loved your insightful writing as always Sabitha.

1 person likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Meena, Meena, Meena!!! Like like and super like! So nice to see you. Just as I thought in my mind that I should tell you that we need some laughs, I noticed a post by you. See you there :)

Thank you for your lovely words Meena and your feedback. Sometimes it is all we can do is just that - make good gestures towards others and receive them gracefully. I honestly can say that they mattered to me then, matter to me now and hope to continue to receive and give.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

You wish to be a nobody? Hmmm...Srama/Saby, is it not a bit too late to wish for such things?!

If you wanted that, you should Never have been born! Too bad you had no choice in that you were born! For, soon after that you became a Somebody!! A daughter, a girl, a friend, a student, a wife, a Mother and so on and on and Most Importantly, you became My Dear Friend! :biggrin2:

Ha ha, ok, will not joke. I read through my Thinker friend's snippet not once but several times. I was concerned, amused, happy and amazed in turn as I read the snippet. It had so many facets, like a true diamond!

Life pulls us in every direction of emotions, a roller coaster ride as you rightly put it. One could sense your exasperation at the demands the life makes. It is your presence of mind and your attitude that soon enough you realize what holds you grounded. The sweetness of children, the kindness in humanity and at simply being born as somebody who does matter to somebody! Yes, the universe is not huge and vast as we falsely perceive, it is very very small, minute as a matter of fact! You realized it and now I do!

Oh, today our grocery store handed us a bunch of daffodils as a spring greeting! A totally sweet gesture. Put a smile on my face and I had to think of your snippet!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamla,

Knowing you, I am not surprised you read through my snippet more than once. Of course you know me and you do want to make sure all izzzz well. It is my friend, it is. But I have to say that I am happy that you went through different emotions (?) as you read through what I had tow rite about. I agree that for the simple reason that I am born, I am somebody and happy to be that 'somebody' for someone and most certainly happy to be a friend. You see, just as I was getting down that rabbit hole, the universe conspired to show me a series of events making me realize that the world is indeed beautiful and people matter - whether somebody or nobody.

I am sure that bunch of daffodils has put a big smile on your face. I do feel the spring in air - the birds chirping, the dogs barking and the smiles of people and a friend posting in face book "HA! Those little brick things hold people eh?" What with the awful winter we have had, all of us need that sunshine and those smiles. Thank you for spreading that today with your response :)

10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Srama
    Knowing you as I do, I have no doubt that you have come across this profound Mantra in Iso Upanishad:
    Om poornamadah poornamidam
    Poornaat poornamudachyate
    Poornasya poornamaadaya
    Poornamevaavashishyate
    In simple terms, it says ‘That (pure consciousness) is full (perfect); this (the manifest universe of matter; of names and forms being maya) is full. This fullness has been projected from that fullness. When this fullness merges in that fullness, all that remains is fullness.’
    This Mantra as a corollary also implies that poornam remains poornam, even if one is taken away from the other and so there can be no question of anything remaining as ‘nothing’.
    Granting that each living thing in the manifest universe of matter is fullness in itself, it becomes incumbent upon us to display the qualities of ‘poornatvam’ or completeness. Viewed in this context, there seems to be every reason why we should make a difference to all both at the micro and macro level.

In another Snippet (A journey back in time) I read how a father made all the difference to his children and what a tremendous impact it had on them. That was an example of his subtle understanding of his completeness. If he thought he was nothing, the story would have been completely different.
    Sri

2 people like this.