1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I will be celebrating Silver Jubilee for my Sumeet Mixie

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 18, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

You all must be thinking Silver Jubilees are celebrated only for human beings. But I am going to celebrate for my Sumeet Mixie as it has served me for 25 years. Though sometimes the jar has given trouble otherwise it is a very good machine.

I like it more because it was given by my Office for completing 20 years service in 1985. Though I got this only in September 1985 or later than that I am writing now because I dont know where I will be that time, whether I will be able to write that time. You will say be positive but still.

Three cheers to my Sumeet Mixie

2. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Dear Viji mam,

Very good write up. I can visualise your reliable and devoted sumeet mixi sitting on a chair ,garlanded, being offered arati. Please accept our wishes on this occasion.

Regards GP

3. iyerviji

Dear Greenplanet

Thank you so much for coming here and giving so much importance to my Sumeet Mixie. Thanks for your good wishes. I was thinking so many views no reply. Your fb is equal to 100 fbs

viji

4. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

wow, Viji aunty - 25 years with one mixie! reminds me of my mom - she also keeps appliances for ever - her fridge is 30 years old! ? Unlike me - I throw out old stuff and buy new just because I get bored looking at the same things in my kitchen! Must learn from you...

5. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi Viji mam,
    Don't know how we could have survived without our trusted old Sumeet. Mine is 15 years old, and its a part of my kitchen.
    Thanks for making us realize the importance of simple things in life, we fail to appreciate, and take for granted.

6. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Dear viji aunty,

congratulations for successfully using the mixie for 25 years. My mother also has mixie for about 25 year now, dont know exactly. My aunty(my maternal uncle's wife) presented that to her and recently when she visited my mom's house , she got surprised to see the same mixie my mom is using and is joking that she can take a picture with mixie and send to antique musuem if anyting like that existing.:rotfl

sujatha.

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji

congratulations to you and your sumeet on your silver jubilee together.
    WOW i too remembered my mom only..even now at moms place I am scared to use her mixie as i am very fast and careless..spoilt her mixie and burnt her cooker also once hahahah .not that i spoil many things at my house but somehow it happens there..just fated to get those scoldings,i guess :biglaugh

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Viji ma
    Congratulations to both you both !! :). It reminds me of the knife my mum uses in her kitchen. It has thaenjufied so much and there is hardly anything left on the piece of metal, but she still uses it to cut vegetables. A very happy Sumeet customer you are!

9. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

dear vijiji,
    enjoyed your post.very nice to hear about summeet mixie and your bond with that.it speaks a lot about the way you have maintained it and the quality of the product must be very good.reminded me of my mother who celebrated her long association with "sumeet mixie."
    i had it for 9 years and changed it later.congrats!.really enjoyed your post.

10. iyerviji

Dear Libra

Goodto know that your Sumeet is 15 years old. I think Sumeet lasts for long time. If we handle it properly it will last for a long time.

Thanks for your compliments.

love
    viji