1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I will also do it from today.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

I am sooooo thankful for my bottle of antibacterial hand lotion. Go bath & body works/The body Shop. I am reaching for it as of now:tongue . I can clean my hands but not the hard copy file hand outs:-( The favorite pass time of one of the charecters in the TV show (can't remember the name was running in late eighties here about a couple with 2 teen age kids where the girl was boy crazy and the boy was sort of a retard (married with children??)) was to stick his hand in his pants.

Coming to equal rights are'nt we smart enough to demand & practice only those that count/civilised enough FOR US ??

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals,
    This article of you reminded me of one incident where our late PM Indira Gandhi was once in London. she commented to a fellow rep. that "You say, London streets are neat and tidy. Why do I find a man near a wall answering his 'nature's call'?
    Then quickly that rep. called upon that guy only to the disappointment of our late PM, he is an Indian doing such an act.
    this shows that wherever they go, they do take their 'manly behaviours' with them.
    Be happy that we are raised in such a way that we keep up our social manners, table manners, whatsoever. Eventhough men have their right of way, they are criticised for that either in front of them or at their back. Why do we want to face such criticisms? Do we lack criticisms? I think we should be happy that we are far ahead of them in this manner.
    Why do we want to degrade ourselves?
    Yesterday my husband was telling us one incident. the man of the house invited his friends and my husband for the dinner. When it was the 'dessert' time, this guy putforth his index finger on the icing and then directly into his mouth and put the same finger the next time. Do you think the other members ate it after seeing that?
    Sriniketan

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  3. ramalav

ramalav New IL'ite

Hi friends

Hello...
    If you have a function/party at your home in India and food gets wasted, don't hesitate to call 1098 - child help line. They will come and collect the food. Please circulate this message which can help feed many children.

"Helping hands are better than Praying Lips"

4. ramalav

ramalav New IL'ite

i'm sorry malspie. i had my posted my new post in ur thread....... it was a slip of mine........ may ur thread follow and ilites reply to malspie thread.....:cry:

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals

Very Nice. We can keep laughing the whole day or keep eckking the whole day…..:2thumbsup:

But is this what u call as Women’s Lib or equality with men etc…….. :idontgetit:

You have missed out some more… When you travel in train or bus early morning you can see lot of men folks attending the nature’s call…….

Even today when we bring up our kids we tell them about Kiran Bedi, Kalpana Chawla, Sania etc….. Today women have equalled in every field with men.:yes:

Women are considered to be mentally much stronger, mature, with more self control…… If you feel no…no…. I want to go down to petty level…….. Well….. It is a choice …..:tongue
    When a man goes with partly dressed in the road, women don’t woogle and follow…. But if a women goes that way…… U know what happens……. Because men are not strong enough to control their feelings……. This is nature……

Men go after money and power. Very few think about their reputation and all. But women is just the opposite.. Reputation comes to them first…

Regarding the office culture….. Either the snacks or the Gas….. Whether it is lady secretary/assistant or a male…….. It doesn’t matter…. We have to accept it because he is the Boss. Will it be better if it is a female Boss, instead of a Male. We live with that because of necessity for a Job. The day we say forget the Job, that is the day we start retaliating. I can give quite a list of examples of some of the ugly mannerisms of some of the ladies…:bangcomp:

Women are given high respect and esteem in the society. That is why the proverb came…. Behind Every man’s success there is a Women…… I have never heard the reverse of it… Even today there are lot of men who says their wife is behind their success.

There is nothing called holding the rights… It is already there… How and what for you use them is in your hands…..:2thumbsup:

Look at the Possitive side… Think High… Don’t demean the Esteem of Women……

If I have said something wrong and in a Brutal manner, I am sorry.

Veda

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi

I am not demeaning woman.. I will never do so... Did I say woman are nothing worth.... Today woman have topped men in all aspects. Look at me, a man thinks twice before he even talks to me.... I have earned that respect in the society and am proud to be a self made woman. I live alone, carry out my duties alone right from my house work to office and am member of clubs too. But, still I have not farted, scratched etc.. in public... I always ask myself, why cant we start doing so.

In olden days when man used to come back from work, he was treated like God, woman would run and fetch a glass of water for him, wait till he eats, and many more things to pen. Today, we do not feel great about it. As woman we are on the top posts and also managing house and many are doing it successfully single handedly.

Men would drive vehicles and were treated as though they were shooting rockets.. Today woman drive in the busiest streets and they have proved there was no rocket technology involved....

Most of the woman jointly run the house, the expenses and also dutch for outings.... Men are no great task masters any more.....

There are so many woman who hold property and position here in Mumbai (On their own merit) which is the one of the costliest city of India. I too have my own house on my own merit. Thats not what I said.... But still I do not fart, scratch......

These are the places where woman have not ventured.... That does not mean I asked all woman to lift their bum and pass it LOUD.... It will happen and I am sure slowly one day........ :)

And if 2% of the total population is out scratching and farting does not mean there has been revolutionary change...

Its no demeaning, no insulting... to any woman. You have not understood my thread.

i

7. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi
    It was very funny reaing it but must be very embarrassing too face it & maintain the maanrs required .
    Y said why women cant act like that is becoz women can never be so crude thats why. :2thumbsup:

8. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi
    This was very funny to read:wink: But shud have been very embarressing to person witnessing all those things.
    Why cant women act like this is becoz women can never be this crude.

9. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    very brutally frank and forthright!although i started off with uncontrollable laughter I amadmiringyour guts now.
    Regards,
    Meenu

10. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

That was a frank write-up. good work:2thumbsup:

cheers
    Lakshmi