1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Was Ill................

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

My experience

Dear varalotti sir,

Sorry to hear that you were ill. Hope you are fine now. You shared your experience; likewise I too want to share my experience. Last week I was also ill....had fever, cold cough....here I have to say my husband doesn’t fall in the category of husbands you have mentioned. Because, he took care of me fully, before going to office, he gave me bread, milk and then the tablets (of course peeled) with warm water. Then he left to office and he called me every 1 hour and he ordered me not to do any household work. I thought while coming for lunch, he would buy some outside food….but he came and prepared mulagu rasam and sadam. That rasam sadam tasted like amirtham to me (b’coz it’s full of my husbands love and care). Then for dinner, he prepared idlis. Then the next two days were Saturday and Sunday. So I need not to say what he did on that weekend. He did all the household work from cooking to cleaning and total rest for me. I was just eating and sleeping. Wow…really I enjoyed my ill health.

While healthy and independent we may not feel others love so clearly as they would be like stars faintly visible in the <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:TIME hour="12" minute="0">noon</ST1:TIME>. But while ill, we can see their love as clear as the light of stars on a moonless night. What you have said is 100% true.

Had a good laugh at your second post. but the worse part is it is their job.

regards,
    kodi.

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

get well soon shridhar

dear shridar,
    kept wondering what happened to our paaal vadiyum gopala....get well soon and i can already see all ur barbs r out...indu is the one to be awarded the great medal for bringing shridar back with his great effect...hahahah regards sundari kannan
    [Now why hats off,, to have a man who praises in a forum without feeling anything bad about it..now that is a rare fete.....

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  3. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Hope you bounce back soon.....

Dear Sridhar,
    Hope you are feeling better and do take care of your health. Even with your sickness you have managed to write a very interesting difference between men and women.
    The telemarketing piece was funny. Yes I do get them often and also at the most inappropriate moment[dinner time]. Take care and hope to see you in full swing soon.
    Love,

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear sridhar,
    Sorry to hear that you were not well. Good that you have been nursed to good health and spirits by another fellow ILite! That was a very good observation that men dont have patience take care....but i guess that is their trait , while taking care of others is definetely a woman's trait! But like the others have said, nowadays , men seem totake some time to help their wives or kids when they need to be nursed.
    And that other post was hilarious...actually i have been getting one such call from past 3 weeks from a telecom services from Bangalore, India.....he calls almost everyday, mostly hubby is not there, and i ended up sharing a whole lot of talk about bangalore....and of course , he is literally begging hubby to make a decision to subscribe for their services, since he has to reach his target....so maybe finally hubby will take pity on him and do it.....but these telemarketing is a bit too intrusive...i was surprised how he got hold of our numbers here , sitting in india.....he also had most of the indians number from germany....amazing, how they get to know so many details...sometimes i wonder, what kind of a life are we leading...we dont know, where we are watched and tracked.,and how we will be stalked!

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Need I tell you, Sridhar.......

How much we, I L ites, missed you for the past one week ? You write you were sick from tuesday. Perhaps, last sat & sun you were deciding to fall sick & were not in a mood to log in ??!!
    Anyway, now that you are back, we are so happy & all is well, Sridhar.
    It is not without reason, it is said
    "உப்பில்லாப் பண்டம் குப்பையிலே".
    Your presence makes al the difference in the beautiful site, which was a little
    " insipid" !
    Kudos to our fellow IL ite who took care of you completely ! I do hope, she continues to feed you with post convalescent, yet nourishing food.

Well, mine is a very different sad story, when I fall sick. I do not want to write it here and ask for sympathy. Is it not
    "லோகோ பின்ன ருசி" ?

The second part - you just said it right in your inimitable style. The next time, if a man phones up for such a reason, I will shock him by asking him,
    "why not we go on a date - your voice is just melting me" !. Ofcourse, I will do this, making sure V is not anywhere around. Otherwise he will be stunned, if I am planning a second innings, U turning in life !!
    Take care, take care, take care - you mean a lot to us I L ites.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

It's a Nice Feeling To Be Missed, Kamla!

Dear Kamla,
    I am feeling better now. To be missed by you is a very nice feeling.
    Take care. No hurry. Read it when you are free.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

It's An Honour, Laxmi!

Hello Laxmi,

I have seen you reading my posts. And as a mod for my forum, you have to, as well. But after a long time I am really honoured to see your response.
    Thanks for your enquiries and wishes, Laxmi.

For the writers life by itself is a raw material. Whatever is worth happening is worth writing. Only thing is we need to have the right style for the right material. Sujatha used to say that even your laundry list can be made worthy of publicaiton if you bestow enough attention to it as a writer.

I am very, very happy and proud to know about your husband's love for you. May be younger husbands, or to use software language, the later versions come with that extra dose of love and affection which was missing in our generation. I pray Madurai Meeankshi that he continues to love you like that.

Only after I started inventing those dialogues for telemarketeers, I am peaceful. Not that I don't get the calls; but instead of viewing it as an irritant I have started to view it as an opportunity. This way I am not harming them also. For them the call count is over. They will count my number as one call. And internally laugh at what I have said before proceeding to irritate the next customer.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks, Pallavi!

Hi Pallavi,

Happy that you like the post, especially the man-woman difference in falling
    sick.

Regarding telemarketeers, yes it is their livelihood, agreeed; but they donot have the right to intrude into our privacy right? As I told Laxmi, when they hear a humorous response, they may gently laugh and disconnect, and they would have counted the call towards work done. So no problem. TRAI is bringing in a Don't Call List soon. Once you are registered with that then no one can disturb you.

Pallavi, regarding beggars, well, I am sort of against giving money to beggars. Instead you can give it to registered orphanages, old age homes etc. Many beggars, especially in India, are doing very well and do loan-sharking to small vendors. So I dont give alms to beggars.

Instead we can encourage small vendors by giving them the price they demand. These people want to work and earn and we should encourage them.
    We also hear reports of beggars abducting children, maiming them and make them beg. Let us not give money to such people. And Pallavi, let's not get tricked by their appearances.

When it comes to loans, we are not the beggars; it is the loan companies, the banks, who beg us to borrow. When we borrow we are just spending our future income.
    But yes, you are right, we do beg for love, for attention, for kind words, for company et al. But we may not beg openly; but do it subtly.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Thanks, Seena

For the kind enquiry. I am far better now. And I am happy that I was able to give you a few laughs.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Now I know your suffering, Varloo!

Dear Varloo,
    I know about your chikun gunya earlier. But only after my viral fever am I able to understand the pain. In fact my doctor ruled out chikun guniya; but warned me against severe body pain. But I know with cg it will be far worse and will last much longer. To be alone for 10 days with such pain and fever, I can imagine what you went through.
    Forgive your husband, Varloo. But instil the sense of mutual love and affection in Aravindh, so that when his wife falls ill, he should act like Laxmi's husband. See, if men are not up to the mark, to correct them is also woman's responsibility.
    As Padmini says in Thillana Mohanambal, one should sing and dance to the sound of waves, fireworks, thunder and lightning etc., a writer has to write about beauty and life and also about sickness and death. Othewise that writing is not complete.
    I also enjoyed your husband and co's repartee to the tms.
    regards,
    sridhar