1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Was Hurt! I Am Fine!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Now why should the Lord appear when Hiranya, a bad guy and an acclaimed sinner, called Him? And why doesn't He turn up when we make a call? It is not who calls that matters; but with what intensity and with what urge the call is made is all that matters.

Sridhar,
    Now I got it...the curse goes away in 3or 7 births and they can serve the Lord as before...that's right...
    but is it right for other people around them to suffer intensively because of their actions...that what matters to me...

As quoted, Lord Vishnu appeared before Hiranyakasipu not because he called Him but to protect His devotee, Prahalad...and also to show the intensity of bakthi Prahalad had....
    correct me if I am wrong..

I had read the remaining part...but give me sometime for the 7th pasuram...

sriniketan

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Sriniketan,

In this Universe when the fair loving and just God rules over us no one suffers without any reason or justification.

If Hiranya made people suffer because somehow deep down they had done something which is to be cancelled by the suffering they underwent at Hiranya's hands.

When we have a evil leader with us it only means that we have done enough to merit that suffering.

Whatever may be the nature of call and whoever may be the caller, Hiranya got to see our dear Lord and we could not. To see the Great Lord is in itself would wipe of all his sins.

Just go back to the curse. Whatever curse Sanath Kumarar gave was fully annihilated when the Lord killed them in 3 births.

Now correct me if I am wrong. Being killed by the Lord in 3 births is equal to leading a pious life in 7 births. Is my math all right?

3. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

Pranamas to the Lotus feet and welcome back. I was really missing your writings Sridhar. For a wonderful person like you, there is no wonder that SHE comes to your rescue. I completely agree with every line you have written and Yes there is nothing more precious than to Love or to be loved. Your poetry was so poignant and made me speechless.

I again join you and bow to the lotus feet. Good to see you back.

Regards
    vidya

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Right, Sridhar...I rest my case...Bow

sriniketan

5. varalotti

Dear Vidya,
    But for HER timely rescue every time I fall into traps created by my mind and ego, I would have been reduced to dust by this time.
    Let's together pray to HER, bow down to HER lotus feet, with one constant prayer that our minds be filled with more and more love.
    I know at least in my case that it is only love that can edge ego out ofmy mind.
    Thanks for coming in, Vidya, especially at a time when I almost started missing you.
    regards,

PS: The heroine of my next serial is going to bear your name. And the hero's name, yes, Arun. Please stay tuned.

6. varalotti

Sriniketan,

only at a time when you rest your case, I am able to see the merits in your argument.

Hiranyan was killed by the Lord and all. But till that time came he was constantly hurling abuses at Him. He made fun of Him and he laughed at HIM. Would I have the heart to do that?

To shower abuses on the Lord who has nothing but Love for us, even if it were to be nothing but play acting... I shudder at the very thought!

Thanks for being with me all through, Sriniketan.
    regards,

7. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

What's all this? You have not been communicating with me personally too. I am not a regular visitor to this site, as I got too busy with so many things. I do not know anything about the background. Anyway, I really liked that poem. Is it your own or a translation of some sloka (it sounded more like a sloka, that's why I asked. No offence intended)?

Positive thinking people like you should never get hurt. Keep writing and smiling!

Sudha Narasimhachar

8. varalotti

Dear Sudha,
    It is now too late to recount what caused the hurt and all. But the wound was a reality. And this was the way I came over it.

I am happy that you liked the poem. It is my own and not a translation.

Thanks for the confidence reposed in me. Yes, Sudha, I'll hereafter be smiling and writing.
    thanks once again,
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

My Dear GFs,

The process which started on 2nd July when I posted this thread had a happy culmination today. My sister and her family had come here for a day-long flying visit.

I took the day off from work and earnestly asked my sister what she wanted to do within the short time available.

She wanted to spend time talking with us and catching up with what's happening in this laid-back town. And yes, she said, I'd like to visit Meenakshi Amman temple.

Our own Meena Madam has her own unique style of dispensing grace. You may decide to run to her temple. But you cant see Her unless she decides to reveal herself to you. The temple might be so crowded that you may have to see her from a long distance, at times you can see only her mirror image. You may wait for hours on end but when you go near the entrance the screen would have been put down and you will have to continue with your waiting. Or you may be allowed to enter but would be pushed out in a few minutes before you can have a satisfactory glance at the Mother's sparkling nosering.
    But today was a good day for me. Or your prayers for me had been so very effective. There was not much of a crowd today. And though we had to wait for an hour before we could have a dharshan..for the dharshan we had we ought to have waited for days, weeks and months.

My brother-in-law who runs a silk saree shop in Chennai had brought a dazzling green silk saree to adorn the mother. That kind of gave us a pass to stay longer in Her divine presence.

The priest gave us a choice. If you don't want to wait we'll just put the saree on Meenakshi and get it out. But if you can wait for 40 minutes for the Abishekam, then after the abhishekam we'll adorn the Mother with this saree. We chose the latter and the priest was happy.

We were let into the sanctum sanctorum after about an hour. When the priest lit the 16-eyed lamp and brought it close to Mother, our Queen, our Heart's Love, our Saving Grace, our own Goddess, there was hardly a dry eye in the sanctum sanctorum. Her eyes were shining with eternal love for us, Her children. Her dazzling diamond nose-ring dispels the darkness of sin pain and ignorance. Time had come to a perfect stop though the tears never seemed to stop.
    I prayed for all of you, all the people who live in this world.

எல்லோரும் எல்லாமும் பெற வேண்டும்
    எங்கும் இல்லாமை இல்லாத நிலை வேண்டும்

And one scene you should never miss in Meenakshi Temple is the sight of people praying to her with love. With folded hands, with tearful eyes, with shivering lips... and Our Mother is listening to all of them. And gives not all they want but everything they need.

This undeserved good dharshan wiped off all traces of hurt, anger and resentment that had lodged in my mind earlier.

Thanks for being there for me when I needed you the most.
    Love,

10. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Sridhar

Good to know that you are coming back to your form. You have a good aura around you Sridhar, so getting hurt can never happen again.........

Wow!!!!That's really exciting to know that Me and Arun will act as Hero and heroine in your next creation. There is nothing more appealing than this feedback of yours. Service to Mankind is Service to God Sridhar and you are really doing that by maturing all of us by your stupendous writing and above all your mindful responses to our feedbacks. All will be really good for you Sridhar..

As always awaiting your next episode..

regards
    Vidya

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008