1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Was Hurt! I Am Fine!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 2, 2008.

1. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

When we are firm in our views, it is difficult to accept other views. So, I am able to see that we both are firm in our views. Let us remain the same.

I do not want to call this as an argument. It is just sharing of our thoughts and views.

When we read a poem, it is natural for anybody to look into the "meaning and message" apart from the words, style, imagination and presentation. My mind directly went to the "meaning and message". Thus wrote few words about death.

But understood from your previous reply that you did not mean what I meant. Thanks for clarifying. Hope we had a healthy conversation.

With a little confusion - Did my words console you?

2. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir,

You didn't tell the goddess"Let me be Varalotti"- a person who will 'ottum Varam kekattavan!.

Sir, also thank you for your ardent paryers. My mother must be busy narrating all those incidents of her life till she went back to her original place. Isn't pretty long time after she left her abode and came to this earth! kanaka

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vanaja,
    Responses like the one you have given make me proud of being a part of this community. I bow down to the way you carried yourself through the discussion. It was not like the arguments in the courts of law. It was not even like the arguments in those days between proponents of different philosophies.
    It was a satsang, pure and simple. I loved it.
    Your words did console me. And more than that the softness with which you brought in the differing views consoled me a lot.
    May you be blessed, Vanaja.
    regards,

4. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

Thanks a lot. "Satsang" is the apt name. Thank you very much for bringing out the word "Satsang". Great!

5. varalotti

Dear Kanaka,
    I didn't ask that boon. By the way can you please explain what do you mean by the words, 'ottum Varam kekattavan!.

Thanks for the fb.

6. varalotti

Dear Vanaja,
    Adhi Sankara used the word poetically in his Bhaja Govindam. The verse is still acid-etched in my memory

satsangathve nissangathvam
    nissangathve nirmohathvam
    nirmohatve nisschala thathvam
    nischala thatve jeevan mukthihi

Out of sat sang (there is no equivalent for this word in English) is born detachment. With detachment out goes all our delusions. When the delusions go out the principle that is rooted in our mind becoomes unshaken. Out of that state comes the ulitmate realisation.

your appreciation of the word satsang reminded me of this verse of Sankara.
    regards,

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    It is nice to see that both you and Vanaja express your views, very beautifully considering the opponents ideas...enjoyed reading those fbs...
    still as Vanaja pointed out...be a good person and attain His Abode, than being a bad person, being cursed all his life and after...imagine the plight of his family and his generations...to come...
    God has Love for all..but to choose is in our own hands..or shall we say, Karma..
    If a good one is available to you, why opt for a bad one...
    Your eg. regarding the Kamba Ramayanam....those who have no idea of what is written there, grasps all the meanings to it...but knowing the story to some extent, we, including me don't have an open mind..(sometimes...) just my 2 cents...

I am not able to copy and paste the link to that thread...3 or 7..(this is the name of that thread, in Snippets forum),,see I am a novice regarding IT...still learning...

sriniketan

sriniketan

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  8. varalotti

Sriniketan,

You have to thank Vidya for giving us the link in this thread. I had missed that 3 or 7 discussion but unknowingly this thread is discussing the same issue.

Now Jaya and Vijaya are already cursed by Sanath Kumarar. There is no question of their being cursed "all their lives and thereafter."

Just have a look at the way the options were given to them. They could exhaust their curse either in 7 pious births or 3 bad births. It is not just a question of numbers, Sriniketan where an accountant like me can make an easy decision. It's a question of intensity. Hiranyakshan and Hiranyakasipu did all the sins named in the book. But the last few minutes of their lives, when they were actually killed by the Lord Himself were sufficient to wipe out all their sins.

You just see the paradox, Sriniketan. In all the three births they lived sinful lives. Yet that was sufficient enough to remove their curse and good enough to restore them to their past glory.

at least in this case there is not much to imagine. They were restored to their original positions of being the Lord's security guards.

And finally I would like to make my choice clear. If it is just a choice between a good and a bad life, I'd rather choose a good life. But if it's between seeing God and not seeing Him, I'd rather choose the former even though that involves a bad life in between.

Now why should the Lord appear when Hiranya, a bad guy and an acclaimed sinner, called Him? And why doesn't He turn up when we make a call? It is not who calls that matters; but with what intensity and with what urge the call is made is all that matters.

Am I clear,Sriniketan?
    regards,

9. varalotti

And Sriniketan I need to just remind you that I have posted the remaining part of the meaning for the 6th paasuram in the perfect ending thread.

regards,

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Vidya for providing the link and which made Sridhar explain more about his views on this subject...

sriniketan