1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I was always a chinna penn (small child) in my house

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 24, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Though I love to enjoy life and be happy always I am not able to write humorous posts. For everything you should have the skill.

In my house I was always called chinna penn since I was the fourth child and was not given any responsbilities till I got married. My sister was elder to me so she was treated as grown up child and she used to shoulder the responsbilities. Till I was married I was carefree and used to enjoy life. My wishes were fulfilled by my family people especially my grandmother used to see that whatever I want I get.

Since my parents were not so well off so they could not put me in college and after completing 10th Std first I started giving tuitions and later got a job as a Teacher. I myself was like a kid and teaching the children was not an easy job for me. The students in my class used to like me every much and if I am anytime sad they used to ask me why are you so sad Teacher. I always liked children very much. I used to teach for Primary section. For that also we had to write down notes and for every class there was a Supervisor who used to come and see how we teach. Whenever the Supervisor used to come I used to give them something to write. I was not so happy with a teacher's job so I did not continue that job. When I was leaving the Mother Superior told me whatever help you need we can give you dont leave the job. You should always stick to one job otherwise it will be difficult for you in life.

But as I was not interested I left the job and luckily I got job as a Typist in a firm through some recommendation. That job I worked for two years and since we were going to Mumbai I had to leave that job and got immediately a job in Mumbai where I worked for 36 years,first a Typist, then Stenographer and while leaving I was Senior Assistant.

Usually chinna penn in the house becomes the elder daughter in law and has to be a responsble person in her in laws house. I was also the eldest daughter in law and when I landed in my in law's house that time only I was told to take care of everything.

My younger daughter is also the eldest daughter in law.

Since I was always called chinna penn I am always young at heart. Now also I am chinna penn only according to Bhargavi because I am sixty plus six.

2. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Nice narration mami.
    I am the eldest in my house but the youngest and chinna DIL since my DH is the youngest (Chinna paiyyan) in his house and viceversa for him becoming the eldest SIL in our house !!!!
    Ways of God !!!

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

Thank you very much for your only fb and first one. I was thinking so many views but no fb. I am not so good in writing I think thats why no fbs. Good to know about your and your DH.

love
    viji

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,

i am the only daughter in my house and the only DIL in my inlaws place,now how is that?a little boring actually as i would have liked bigger families and all of us meeting for occasions:)

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji( chinna penne)
    Your reminiscence of olden days is nicely brought out in your post. You are correct. Sometimes the youngest daughter become the eldest daughter in law.. In my case I the only DIL.Having sisters and brother , first I felt very bored, but after some times i got used to it.
    with love
    pad

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindian

Since you are the only child daughter and only Dil you will have more importance and must be ladli for everyone isnt it. Usually those who want to get married to bigger family dont get a family like that and those who dont want bigger family get bigger family.

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini

You being the only Dil must be most liked by everyone in the house.

love
    viji

8. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Very interesting writeup ,Viji.
    Nice feel to be the youngest with so many elders to lean back on.

I am the eldest in my house so I think responiblities shouldering has become my second nature from childhood and continues to this day.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shakambari

Thank you for your fb and sorry for the delay inr eplying
    Ya those born eldest have always to shoulder the responsibilities.

love
    viji

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

A Wonderful post.You have had quite a life, and a very satisfying one i must say.God bless u, u are a wonderful person.take care.

Regards

kamal