1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

I want to lose weight!!!!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by abk, Jun 26, 2010.

1. abk

abk New IL'ite

HI SHIVA!
    this is another distressed soul from mumbai who is wishing to lose her weight!
    i am a 25 year old, graduate. my height is 159cm and weigh 70kg. i have read your blog and am really inspired to lose weight in a correct manner. i have tried many dieting things, but after i used to lose some weight, it would eventually come back, sometimes double!!:rant
    so, i request you to please help me to lose weight.

my day usually starts at 7 a.m. i have a big cup of tea with 4-5 glucose biscuits the first thing in morning. then breakfast is usually a bowl of cereals or two slices of toast with butter and jam followed by cup of tea/coffee.on my way to work by 9a.m. (my working pattern is such that i dont have to spend much of time outside, i usually work from home)

by 11am i am hungry. usually i have a samosa or two medu wada with sambhar and a cup of tea.

lunch is by 1:30pm. two chappatis, bowl of daal, one serving of vegetables. if rice is there, then i dont have the chappatis.

another tea break at 4pm along with some marie biscuits or plain bread(two slices).

hungry again by 6:30pm. i have some peanuts, namkeens, another cup of tea and some biscuits/bread slices.

dinner is usually by 8:30pm. again chapatti/rice, daal, subzi, maybe one egg omellete/ one serving of chicken.

i have a heavy sweet tooth. i have to have something sweet after every meal! it may be chocolates, mithais, pudding, cakes etc.

this is my general daily diet chart. sometimes a burger/pizza is also added!

so please help me , advise me how to go about losing my extra weight and those inches and look fat to fit!

thank you.
    waiting for your reply.
    abk

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Abk,

I am happy to know that you decided to lose weight the right way. Good girl.

You know and I know where the problem is, you are eating high calorie food.

So here are the steps for you. These are only for the first week.

1. Walk for 30 minutes. This is not much just go out and walk.

2. I want you to give up outside food. If you feel like having something tasty make at home. Just avoid oil and have proper food.

3. I want you to take your weight weekly and report to me on the weight loss thread here.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...pe/82366-a-weight-loss-success-story-121.html

4. Any doubts you have feel free to write to me.

On the weight loss thread you will see other women with the weight issues so feel free to approach me whenever you want.

Target your weight on weekly basis, soon you will see the changes.

Now that you have decided then stick to it. Give this a try for a month and see a difference. The point is please give this a try.

Hoping to hear from you on weight loss thread.

regards

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  4. abk

abk New IL'ite

dear Shiva,
    Thank you so much for the reply.you are a great motivation for me..i will now definitely try to stick to the basic plan. here's to the journey of losing weight! thank you for being there. will get back to you with my weight loss results and if also any doubts...thank you again

abk.

5. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Abk,

The smartest way to tackle weight loss is to sit and negotiate with yourself. We all know that we have to say good bye to oily, fried and high calorie stuff. SO, of course eating samosa as snack will take you No where.

Here is a quick diet for you. Very basic and very doable.

BF - Tea and a big veg sandwich. Toast 2 breads, fill in with cucumber slices, tomato slices, salad leaves, sprinkle salt and pepper (Load the sandwich). You can also have bread omlette. Breakfast should be tasty and filling.

Check this homemade burger for breakfast.

The Mighty Great Soya Burger - IndusLadies

Have your second cup of tea.

11:00 When you are hungry, instead of samosa opt for fruits. If you don't feel like having fruits then you are not hungry because hunger never differentiates with food.You can have a bowl of boiled sprouts, finely chopped onions, tomato, cucumber and squeeze a lemon.

Lunch -Is fine, eat what you are eating

6:30 when you are hungry- go for sukha bhel. That is 1 bowl of puff rice with tomato, cucumber, sprouts, cillilies. Made as a bhel but no fried stuff. OR you can have lentil pancakes. Have something less so that it caters to your hunger of 6:30. Because you gonna have dinner in 2 hours just aim to satisfy the 6:30 hunger by eating a small meal. Have you tea.

Dinner - Stick to what you are having.

Sweet Tooth - Have a small piece of jaggery after your meals. I eat real tasty chilled fruits. Like apples, oranges, watermelon to take care of my sweet tooth.

So what are we doing here -

We are making you eat home made food. At no point of time you should be hungry. With this diet you need to add your walks. And outside food is completely banned for sometime. Once the weight shifts we will make changes to diet and exercise. Aim for a weekly progress.

Have a great day ahead.

Feel free to approach me in case of any doubts.

regards