1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

I want to be rich.

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by nivedha, Dec 5, 2007.

1. nivedha

nivedha New IL'ite

Hi,
    The other day my 7 year old was watching, a show on billionaire daughters, she was so fascinated by the program. After sometime, she said her aim is to become a doctor, I was a bit amused, bcos, she is a happ-go-lucky girl, and was not sure what to answer, if someone asked her what you want to become when you grow up.I answered ,thats good, why have you made the decision to become a doctor, she promptly replied I want to be rich, become a millionaire .I could not help myself laughing, she went on to ask, are there any other way to become rich, when I said business, she wanted to start a lemonade business.It was interesting to realise, how easily kids can be influenced.She can become what she wants to, as long as she is happy.Kids say the darndest things, hey friends, I want hear about the smartest, the silliest, the craziest things your kids have said and taken you by surprise.
    Love
    Nivedha.

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

i am happy atleast she choose a path which involve work to get rich instead of dreaming that she should have born to some rich family.

3. nivedha

nivedha New IL'ite

Hi Maha,
    Nope, she has never talked about repalcing her family. she is a sweet heart.
    Nivedha.

4. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Hi Nivedha

My son is already rich!! He says so to us and his nani. When my mum says to him don't waste something or stop jumping on the bed/ sofa cos I am old and I don't have money to buy things, he says we are rich Nani and we'll buy it for you. He's already promised her a Mercedes when he grows up and works.
    In order that we stay rich he keeps the "precious gems" that he finds. He saw some goldish streaks on stones and he keeps that saying Mum we are rich now. He knows that diamonds are also found in rocks and he's collected pebbles that have some glitter. We find stones and pebbles in his schoolbag, his pockets, in the house!!

Now that he's rich he sorting out his other affairs! He's 5 now. When he was 4 and 1/2 he heard his Dad telling me to pray that his younger brother (my brother-in-law) gets a nice wife. Straight away he said, Mum pray that I get a nice wife too."
    One day not long after, perhaps on hearing us talk some time back about the high price of houses and anyway there's not many houses left in our area, he pipes up. "Mum where will I stay. There'll be no houses for me when I grow up."
    Very kindly I offered, "You can stay in this house."
    "Then where will you and dad stay?"
    SONS!!

Regards Neesha

5. nivedha

nivedha New IL'ite

Hi Neesha,
    Your son's comments are enjoyable, I love talking to kids, they just say what springs in their mind, soooo... innocent.The other day my friend's 4 year old son had some candy in his hand, when I asked him, can I have some, he replied instantaneously, 'No, these are not good for you'.Cute kid.

6. malarvp

malarvp New IL'ite

Hi Neesha and Nivedha,

I couldn't stop laughing at what your kids have spoken. Kids are so cute and they could make us forget whatever tension we have. They give lots of tension thats the other side...hehe

I have a 3yrs old daughter and see what she told. We had been to California few weeks back and it was a 6hrs flight. On the return flights landing the weather was so windy and when the flight started to descend it started shaking like anything and even the older people were so afraid and started praying. Mine was so afraid and started crying. I just hold her to myself and said it's nothing just the wind, it'll be ok and when we were coming off the flight after safe landing my daughter said mummy I don't wnt to come in flights and I told her if you don't want to fly, then how'll we go to India, because we need to fly long hours in flight. She immediately said we can go by WALK to India:idea. Me and my hubby couldn't stop laughing. And till now she keeps saying we can walk to India and also over phone to her grannies she's telling we'll come to India by walk. :). My mom is asking how long have you guys walked...hehe

Kids are wonderful....:crazy

Malar

7. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Nice to read the postings here. So sweet of ur kids. Kids are Wonderful.Wow, See how smart are the kids now? Can't imagine.

Let me say my experience. My 4 yr old son loves school buses a lot. At present his aim is to grow big soon for kindergarten, so that he can ride in a school bus, tat crazy he's abt the school buses. So whenever he see a school bus, he'll ask us to have a look at it.

When I was driving the car to drop him in the school, he was screaming inside the car on seeing a school bus in the opposite direction and asked me to see the bus. That time there was a heavy traffic, so i couldn't see the bus. So I said When I'm driving i need to be careful, to be safe and so i cannot look here and there.He just cried and kept quiet. When we were near his school, i saw a school bus and asked him to see the school bus, he suddenly says ' Mommy don't look for the school bus while driving, its not safe'. Oh, I couln't reply to him and kept quiet and said 'You are Right' . Hmmmmm...
    I just felt shaked by his response.Kids are so smart....

Nice to share this here with u all...Nivedha, thanks for starting some interesting topic..

Cheers,
    Pinky:wave: