1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I want take my kids to malls but don't know anything.please help.

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Yahooo, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

With kids that young, I didn't dare venture out confidently even in the U.S. I could get lost in the smallest zoo with three apologetic rides. About finding car without missing it at least as I walk by with the stroller and two hungry kids, lets not go there. :)

Never let anyone put your down for a question you ask, and never hesitate to ask a question.

Ragini, I still don't know how to properly wear a saree and my DD has started to pilfer from my sarees. If I start thread on how to wear it properly, will you be "surprised?"

I need help particularly with the pleats section.

2 people like this.
  2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

OP, As some one said check the phoenix mall website, they show clearly the layouts and you can have mental note before reaching there where to go for what. If needed note down floor no & shop no that you want to visit on piece of paper or in your phone. It will help you. There are help desks at each floor in this floor, you can approach them further.

And unlike this card system for food court, they have few eateries where you can directly go and order like in any restaurant. That would solve much of the trouble for you going to each stall, ordering and bringing to the table and refilling the money in the card.

Regarding transport, download mobile apps of Ola, Meru etc. They are having lot of offers when booked through mobile and also for first booking some discounts too. And P.mall has exorbitant costs for parking. Once you decide you will come out in 20/30 minutes from the mall, you can book the cab again for return through mobile app. Generally Ola cabs are readily available ranging from 5-20 min time period once you book. since it is within city, generally they will be available within few minutes.

If you are planning to any other mall also, you can follow the same procedure and a word from experience, rather than trying to eat at the food court of any mall, try individual eateries located at different floors of the mall. Sometimes these food courts quality & taste are so bad despite having popular brand names.

1 person likes this.
  3. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

Your question is a really honest & legitimate query. It is certainly more valid than so many other inane questions that run into volumes of arbitrary responses. I'm glad you chose to ask.

And you'd be surprised that you're not alone in this fear and apprehension of visiting big malls, large spaces or new areas. More so with young kids. Some of the smartest women around the world share this phobia with you.

This apprehension of unknown usually disappears once we are AT the place. Shanvy and some others gave you good pointers. Just follow them and follow your instinct, you'll be fine. Take some small water bottles (disposable) and some on-the-go snacks/munchies handy for your kids and parents so you all can sit and take some breathers in between. And take a pack of wet wipes as well. I'm sure your kids will have a whale of a time :)

4. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

With 2 small kids, you take the time to seek out information, plan and then organise the trip. Its very smart of you indeed. Much smarter than many of us here.

I used to feel the same way taking my little ones out when my younger one was much smaller. I was too scared to even take public transport, afraid of their tantrums, of what the co passengers would say etc. Thankfully that phase is over now.

You have fun with your kids and parents. I am sure you will be a superhero in your son's eyes :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

Thank u all for the kind words and support. Finally I went to the mall yesterday. I went to EA. We started from home at 4. We reached there by 4.20
    I booked Ola auto using the app. We saw people entering through a door, followed them and got in that way. My mom had a handbag, a lady checked it. Then we roamed on the ground floor, got into the lift and I asked the operator to take us to the third floor.then I got a doubt and asked the lady where Fun City was, if it is on the third floor.she said she doesn't know and that only movie theatre is on the third floor.so my dad said ok let's get down on the second floor. We got down and we walked and could only find shops and as I was walking, I looked up and saw Fun City on the third floor. We immediately went up the escalator and passer through Escape and reached FC. My daughter was sleeping so my dad who was carrying her sat in the food court and I saw the counters where we need to buy card for food. I went there and asked for card for FC. The person at the counter said that I need to get it from FC itself and that only cards for food can be got here.and he also said CCD, KFC, Kobe sizzlers all I cannot use the card. I said ok and got for 500 rupees and then went to FC.got a card for 500 and made my kids play, it got over so refilled the card with another 500 and my son enjoyed a lot inside FC. Then we went to the food court, got my parents coffee from CCD, then went to DASA and had food. Knew 500 won't be enough so filled another 500. Had a vet nice time. Came down the lift to 1st floor, roamed around and then while leaving went to hamleys.got my son a car and my daughter, a small toy and we exited the mall. We were all very happy. I felt confident. On the way back home I asked my son if he enjoyed and he said yes and that made me even more happy. Got an auto back home. My son slept on the way home and woke up only this morning. Thank u my dear ladies for helping me.

i have one question. I want to take my kids to Phoenix mall too. Is the FC and other things the same or are there more? Should I visit there too? Which mall is better?

6. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

By FC I mean Fun City