1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I want take my kids to malls but don't know anything.please help.

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Yahooo, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

and go on a weekday since you are on a holiday, instead of the weekend, and i second rihana, be a little careful.and these malls look huge but nothing scary, you will find your way around, only thing you need is loads of energy with two small kids.

2. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

Thank u all for helping me.this s why I love indusladies .i will be going with my kids and parents on a weekday.after reading all ur replies I feel little confident.i will come back& update my experience.i want my kids to enjoy.thats all.thanks again.

3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Sorry but this is why I sometimes get very surprised with IL. A thread on how to find exit in a mall, hmmm. An unusual thread.

1 person likes this.
  4. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

I was thinking the same, how can OP ask about the mall entrance and exit questions:idontgetit: Are Indian women born/brought up in the same place have such doubts or even if you are away from India for few years, even in that do you ever ask where is the entry and exit. I felt weird. Just my thought. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

5. tarasharma

tarasharma Gold IL'ite

@Ragini25 @Dreamworld

Things which seem easy to some can prove challenging to others depending on the situation. When my mother first caught a flight, she had no idea what to do with the milk and sugar sachets and observed a passenger sitting nearby and did the same.

Similarly, I rarely eat out and once after a dinner with friends outside, I had no idea what to do with a finger bowl. I would have drank it if my friends had not enlightened me.

Depends on the situation. We may know somethings best and be ignorant of the others.

3 people like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

being handicapped on directions and much more is very common. people make comments on the parking confusions in many, little do they realise it is sometimes more than just carelesses..sensory processing integration issues..

and the op maybe doing these things for the first time alone with 2 small kids, and has turned to ask questions to make it a sucess..

@ragini25 after seeing some very very off the air threads, this is is a simple one, the anxiety of a mom...

4 people like this.
  7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

And I applaud OP for seeking and equipping herself knowledge so she can be prepared.

A lot of people, (including myself) go into something we have no prior experience of, without knowledge with just a bit of blind courage and bumble along unable to savour the entire experience, merely because we don't want to appear less knowledgeable.

I hope you had a great time, OP.

3 people like this.
  8. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

Hi all, I still did not go to the mall.today have some other work.then Friday and weekend i know the malls will be super crowded so I will go on Monday.i know everybody will be surprised that I can't even find an entrance and exit in a mall.i am really very anxious and my confidence level is completely down after I had kids.if it was just me I have no problem I can just walk into the mall and keep searching for everything but with two small kids and my parents I don't wanna do that.i know u all are very smart women, that's why I came to u seeking for help. Unfortunately I am not very smart even though I want to be one among u all.

U all will not believe if I say that I promised my son that I will take him to the mall only after I posted here and got replies from u all and I got bit confident. Till then I didn't because I don't know if I will be able to take him. Now I am confident and I really want to take my kids there. I love my kids and wanna do everything for them but my confidence level is very low.

9. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

Do a google search for "Phoenix Mall Floor Plan" - shows layout of the floors in form of a map.

Do a google image search for "Phoenix Mall" - shows the gates for entry/exit.

You have every thing at your fingertips. Enjoy your visit!

10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

OP,
    Go have fun with your family. Even the large malls in India do not reach the scale of malls in the US. As others have said if you can get a car service it will be even easier.