1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I want take my kids to malls but don't know anything.please help.

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Yahooo, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

I am in chennai now on vacation.i want to take my kids to express avenue and Phoenix mall.my husband is not here with me.he will come after two months to take us back.i am planning to take an auto and go the malls.i have heard these malls are really big.i have not been to these malls before.my parents also will be with me.they also not been here before.i have some doubts before going.

how I will know the way in and also out.how I can find lift and all?
    i heard there is food courts in these malls but to eat in the food courts, u should buy some credit card kinda thing and fill money in it.please tell me where I should go and do it and how.

i want my elder one to play in fun city.fir that also I need to fill money I heard,how to do it.
    please answer in both express and Phoenix market city.thanks.

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Just coming back from a mall in Mumbai where I went with the kids. There is nothing to worry about. Usually the mall has several entrances (maybe one main entrance) and you can see where people go in. You can pay in cash or with credit card. Food court is a place where there are several cafes/restaurants sharing a common sitting area. You order the food from the place you want and take the food with you on a tray to the sitting area.

In bigger malls there are maps from where you can see where you are and where the exits/shops are.

Take good shoes with you as you will be standing/walking a lot. And have fun!

3. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

you may use olacabs for your travelling locally. they are really nice and very helpful. about adding money to the card, i guess they are done on the food court and gaming section itself. no need to get tensed. they are just malls and not sooo big that you will get confused about the exit. The country is really developing fast and you can find about the lifts and rest rooms from the displays here and there. just hold on to your kids and have a happy shopping.

4. mithu202

mithu202 Silver IL'ite

You can get help from security regarding exit and entry.
    Reg food courts you have to get a card and recharge , using that card you can buy food.
    Fun city also the same they issue a card , we need to pay for it and swipe for each game.

5. Yahooo

Yahooo Silver IL'ite

Thank u all for helping me.regarding buying the card from where I should buy.in the food court will there be a place to buy a card or will somebody be there with the card.how should I buy it.please help.in the food court I should give the card and not money?please help me.i am little nervous.

6. mithu202

mithu202 Silver IL'ite

yes there will be a place to get card in food court, using that card u can buy food, need not give money

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

once you enter the the mall you can find a map that gives you a fair idea of the place.and also there is a help desk available. if you are going with kids, take a 4/5 hour cab package instead of call taxi/auto. the kids will be tired by the time they are done with the games and food court, and haggling for an auto would be tiring, and waiting for a cab will equally be painful. again it is your call. i think 4/5 hours would come to around 700rs and the parking charges would be around 150.

you buy card say for 200rs there are counters close to the food court/game courts. you can top the same card when you know they are dipping. the good thing is the same card can be used later too if you have Rs left.

the lifts are clearly marked in both the places. be a little careful with the kids on the escalators (general caution.)

Toys & Games | Sort Category | Phoenix Market City
    Funcity | Express Avenue

P.S. there is city centre too that has a kids play area. toys day out in velachery is another place kids would enjoy.

8. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Dear op,

To get the food card all you had to do is ask a food shop keeper they would guide you.For the play area ask any child /parent playing there they would guide you to the card counter.You dont even had to fill any forms for it the counter walla does it ,you only need to hand over the money and get the card.If you know tamil or english to communicate it should be easy.Plan your budget before you buy your cards as they dont encourage refunds and you may not be able to use it in future (temporary visit).Taking call taxi is easy in chennai and parking your hired car could work out up to rs 500 to 700 sometimes in malls.

In the phoenix mall you have a security desk in every floor,so you dont had to worry about getting lost.Maps would be on display in every floor,using escalators is much more easier than searching for lifts.The staff members who stand near an escalator or lift would willingly guide you to the respective floors (food court/fun city).

Have a nice time

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

With your younger one being under a year old, you may want to go check out the malls by yourself once, leaving the kids at home. Get familiar with the mall layout, even ask the info desk or security guys when are least crowded times. Though don't ask too many questions! Times are such!

A new place can be intimidating. Even something like a mall.

1 person likes this.
  10. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I also second Shanvy to hire a car if you can afford it. I do that in Delhi and it alleviates tons of stressors. You have a safe place for packages, easy pick up and drop off, and the driver can take you additional places if you can't find what you are after.