1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I too made a list !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Pia,
    Mon. thru Fri (week days ) i am impeccably dressed and devote a lot of time to myself but it is the week end phenomenon that AC has mentioned that throws all the lists, beauty regimen out the window where as all other ladies (who come to temple in AC's case and soccer moms in my case ) seem to maintain it. How do they do it? On weekends my priority is making breakfast for my family, see that they eat it as well as get the house work, grocery, laundry done before noon so that I can be at games in afternoon( will never miss it) as well as have a nap and be ready for the party in the evening (which is even extending to friday nights now a days.... with a very large family and friends circle 104 weekend days in a calender year are not enough).

Yes we do have lists of things to be done every single day, but on weekend daytime being presentable does not seem to be an agenda on the list, since that time we love to devote to husband, kids. So in the end we turn up with zero fashion sense ( this is what chitra's post was about) but the happy faces compensates more than enough.:tongue

Yes it is OK for me to be with zero fashion sense on weekends so that I can spend some more time with my family than in front of the mirror. (it takes just 30 seconds to be dressed in the first out fit that is there in the closet and you can finish your bath under 5 minutes so total 5.5 min to zip out of the home to the soccerfields.)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  2. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Hi LADIES, THIS IS A GOOD READ. YES SPENDING QUALITY TIME WITH HUSBAND AND CHILD ARE THE BEST THINGS ONE CAN DO. I TOO DONT BOTHER TO LEAN UP ON WEEKENDS, EVEN THOUGH IT NAGS ME AT THE BACK OF MY MIND.I LOVE TO KEEP THE HOUSE CLEAN, BUT NOW WITH MY BABY IT LOOKS THE SAME BEFORE I CLEAN AND 2 HRS AFTER I CLEAN.BUT THE TIME SPENT WITH THEM IS IRREPLACEABLE.WE TOO JOT DOWN POINTS WHAT TO SPEAK TO OUR PARENTS OR SIBLINGS, BEFORE AN INTERNATIONAL CALL,LEARNT FROM MY MOM...

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies,
    In my case... I have no time to think about time... so there is no question about quality time for the family.
    It is just like a time table life...
    I hate weekends for its being so hectic with kids activies, groceries, cooking, cleaning etc.

~Punitha

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Punitha
    I have a friend who shares your name with u. Why do you say you are leading a timetable life? Hope yu do get a break now and then.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hI AC,

No nothing wrong in what you did. quality time with family is the most important thing in my list. As chitramam says there was no quality/quantity time when we were young. now with times things are changing. kids are out of the house by 7.30 they come back by 4.30. then some classes..then dinner and sleep.

For me weekends are time that is completely devoted to my family. i plan my work spread it over the week. i finish the uniforms, the grinding, the cleaning in the week. weekend is for my kids and my husband. We talk, we have a movie fun. there are no elaborate meals on weekend. if at all we entertain in the weekend it will be on saturday. so sunday is only for family.

my family does not bother much about being spic and span. and my health is also an excuse at times.. but i do my best.

6. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    I sometimes think a lot about this making lists and being organized.
    then I feel quality time and quantity time and all this kind of terminology.
    I completely agree with chitra ji, being organized comes from within, we dont have to do any extra effort if we do everything in the right way and then and there.
    I just console my mind that i m right and i have a small baby and im working so its ok for me. then when i visit my friends, whose houses are very clean and who maintain themselves neat and clean all the time I start thinking again.
    May be I m not capable like them..I dont know sometimes I feel I d ont have the creativity in decorating the house and I m good for nothing.
    I m really confused but I m happy to see so many other people like me.

Thanks & Regards
    Jaishree

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Chitraji,

Written from the heart.Wonderful.Yes love is first, and cleaniness comes later.REgards.kamal

8. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

HI LADIES,
    a very interesting thread ...i support chitvish ma'm, i put a list - for all my " to do things" ...this i developed during my college des - i list my things - even to pack my bag -which starts from tooth brush,comb ,etc ! etc! -i just dont wanna forget anythg eh:) n even now i carry a list - things 2 b purchased -when i go for shopping. i feel this reduces my temptations 2 get unnecessary things ie., i just avoid peeping into the sections, which i havent mentioned in my list.....
    even nw, i've put up a list n pasted on my pc stand- thats for my hubby - he has gone 2 india n there's a long list - for him 2 carry fm home:tongue
    i dont say that am very organised r systematic......but i feel this helps me alot...as i always forget things , a bit careless eh8)

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow this is a beautiful thread. It was really good to read. I am a person who is over organised.My son alway mess up his room and I use to everytime shout at him for that and later on I stopped it becoz it was of no use telling him anything. Now I always kept it closed while the other part of the house was neat and tidy. I just finish everything during the day so that I could spend the evening with the family(which includes my hubby and son). The whole day the house will be neat and as soon as these handsome guys come home it is all mess they just leave the things where ever they want in the beginning I use to try to organise them:-D but all was a waste so I don't do it anymore. Now I enjoy the day the way I want and enjoy the remaining day the way these guys want.
    Yes spending time with the family is always on top of the list:-D which can never come down.
    HAPPY NAVARATRI TO ALL THE IL READERS AND ALL THE MEMBERS OFCOURSE:thumbsup

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna
    I enjoyed reading your post. And you have helped me start off my day with smiles. You summed it up nicely with these lines...The whole day the house will be neat and as soon as these handsome guys come home it is all mess they just leave the things where ever they want .... absolutely. Yes I too join them and enjoy my time with them instead of constant bickering NAGGING ..... glad i had the sense to see and change.