1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

I need some social life

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by siddhiparab, May 22, 2013.

1. siddhiparab

siddhiparab Junior IL'ite

Hi there lovelies,

I'm Siddhi. :hiya
    And I'm a H4 wife, looking to make new friends. I desperately need some social life. I'm bored and tired to sitting @ home and not talking.

And girl i just love to talk :)

I'm located in Wilmington, Delaware. So any body out there who wants to be friends pls pls pls reply.
    Also give tips what you guys do to kill the boredom.

2 people like this.

2. internet

internet Silver IL'ite

siddhi,

All the ladies on h4 visa go thru this phase. You need to have a plan for weekdays. Develop hobbies like making nylon makers, painting, nitting, reading and blogging etc. You can also do service in temples on weekends for few hours and you will meet people like that. Try to attend some craft or arts classes in the evening for few hrs either in community college or in a store like miachels. You can also improve your cooking skills.If you have worked earlier, then spend few hrs a week to brush up your tech skills.

3. siddhiparab

thanks for the advice dear, its been almost six months for me here. Like any other gal I too like arts and crafts. I spent my few months baking. Oooh and I also did some crochet stuff. I made a beanie for my sweet hubby during the winters.

Recently i thought of volunteering. Have any of you guys volunteered?

4. misspink14

misspink14 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I live in NJ. I too get bored at times. I am a sahm with a little guy starting school this fall.

5. siddhiparab

Hi misspink,

that's nice that you have a little guy for company. may be u'll get more bore when he goes to school.
    so what to you do to kill time?

Any plans over the weekend? Do you know any good places to visit in and around New Jersey?

Cheers :)

6. pala

pala New IL'ite

hi Siddi and misspink

I completely understand your situation..Even i have 3 years old daughter and she keeps me busy all the time and she will go to school from this sep.. I live in New Jersey... Visiting places in New jersey, there are many parks like bears mountain park, many beaches, and camden aquarium...Its good to visit new york city when you come to new jersey...

7. AS86

AS86 Silver IL'ite

Hi Siddhi,

I am in the same boat as you and would love to be friends with you. I am based in Michigan and preparing to take the GRE, so don't really have too much time to get bored. But, whatever free time I get, I spend in taking on simple home improvement, DIY projects. I do miss the social life I had in India and in New York City (where I was living before moving I got married and moved to Michigan). Also, trying to meet new friends in my city. Hope I succeed!

2 people like this.
  8. siddhiparab

Hi AS86,

M sooo happy to get a reply from you. I too like to spend time doing DIY projects. I'm a arts and crafts fan too. Would love to be you ur friend :). Hope to get a reply from you soon.

9. siddhiparab

Hi Pala,

I've visited New York city in winter, but did not get a chance to visit Statue of liberty, it was closed in winter.
    Wanted to visit Camden Aquarium, they have america's largest alligator for display this summer. Would be quite a site :) It was nice to get a reply from you.

Thanks,
    Siddhi

10. AS86

AS86 Silver IL'ite

Siddhi,

Where are you from in India? What kind of DIY projects are you working on? :)