1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

I need a weight loss partner...

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by forgiven10, Jul 8, 2011.

1. forgiven10

forgiven10 Silver IL'ite

would you like to be my buddy in weight loss? :) My goal is 10 kgs. I want to follow a strict diet and exercise routine. Anyone?

2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi forgiven,

There are many threads running where you can find weight loss partners irrespective of your goal. Please find one such thread and get started.

Good luck.

3. forgiven10

forgiven10 Silver IL'ite

sure, thank you pman!

4. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Please spend some time in my concept at my thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...pe/138462-eating-less-eating-less-eating.html

It is based on, "Do your duty, do not focus on results". Go through the details and get back to me in that thread. You can be my buddy in weight loss.

See you later. bye.:)

5. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Hi forgiven,
    I would like to join you.
    I saw other threads but since you too are new to this. Can we start together?
    I am 62 whereas the ideal weight should be 55.

I am planning to eat less and eat healthy with atleast 45 minutes of activity.
    Let me know if we can start together. I really need some motivation which I am lagging when it comes to weight loss

6. Anarkali10

Anarkali10 New IL'ite

I will join you.

I need to lose like 20 pounds!

7. forgiven10

forgiven10 Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidu! :hiya Of course!! Yes, last time when I started weight loss, I stopped in between due to lack of motivation and also, it went wrong. (I started losing muscle mass instead of fat!) This was mainly because though I was good with the special diet, I did not exercise often. :hide: But this time, I am determined and I want to do it no matter what!

Sounds great! When you have time, share your diet plan and exercise schedule with us and I will do the same.

Hi Anarkali, :wave my twin! haha ;-), I'm so glad you both are my partners in weight loss!

Yes, I am aiming for around the same.

I am SO excited Vidu and Anarkali, let's get started right away!!! I'm going to share my goals in the next post. And I encourage you to as well. We can keep learning from each other and keep each other in check.

I am also trying to come up with creative ideas to motivate and reward each other, :crazy so please share you ideas too!

8. Anarkali10

Anarkali10 New IL'ite

I am excited!!

I started my weight loss journey last September. I lost like 22 pounds by may. then i had to start a new job and relocate and somehow gained 6 pounds in a month :eek:.. I still think it's the scale..

so yeah I need to stop being mad at my scale and start again. My scale shows me at 134lbs (60.9 kgs). My goal for now is 110 (50 lbs)

I started doing strength training at gym.
    From Monday, I am going to start cardio too.

I think having two others on the same journey will motivate me =)

K so my plan is
    45 mins of cardio
    30 mins of strength training for 3 days

We should start immediately and share our diet and exercise every day.

9. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anarkali and forgiven,
    Me too super excited...
    Glad to have found partners here...

As I said before my scale shows 62 kgs and my goal is 55 kgs.

I don't have the luxury of gym. And I hardly find time on weekdays.. But still planning atleast 45 minutes of exercise.

My Diet Plan is
    Breakfast - Oats with skimmed milk (without sugar) and one banana
    Mid Morning - Tea with half spoon sugar and 2 Marie biscuits
    Lunch - 3 rotis with vegetable curry (prepared with half spoon oil) and dhal
    Evening Snack - One Apple
    Dinner - 2 rotis with vegetable and fruits

MY Exercise Plan
    --------------------------
    Morning - 15 minutes of jogging (Have to get ready by 7.45 and leave for work)
    Evening - 30 minutes of walking and exercise

No junk food and sweets at all during my diet. ( Have to see how much can I control here :)

Anamika, Share your diet plan also. Your workout plan is great. But is 75 mins fine? Will it not be too tiring?

forgiven, Share yours also.
    > I am also trying to come up with creative ideas to motivate and reward each other, so please share you ideas too!

I am not able to think of any ideas now, will post when I get any idea. You please share yours.

10. forgiven10

forgiven10 Silver IL'ite

Hi friends! :wave

Good to see your diet plans and exercise routines!

Here are somethings about me:

-I want to lose 10-12 kg. Right now I am around 70 kg. My goal is that by december, this should be done.

-I am a vegetarian.

Rules to follow:

1. Strictly, no sweets, soft drinks, oily foods, chips. tsk

2. Rice only one time per day (usually I eat for both lunch and dinner:hide:)

3. No henpecking on snacks during the day:rant

4. Drink 10 glasses of water everyday :thumbsup

5. Go to bed by 10 p.m and wake up by 6:00 am:clap

Diet for monday:

Actually, I am going to follow the diet prescribed by Vidchakra in "I am dieting you know".....just joking! ;-)

Breakfast: Oatmeal, fruit, sprouts(?)

Lunch: little rice with curry and curds, salad.

Dinner: green tea, fruit, veggie wrap (with little dressing)

Exercise:

Early morning: jogging, abdominal exercises, strength training. (1 hour)

Slowly I want to increase my exercise time but let me develop endurance before that. Also, I will check the fridge and see how to plan diet for the rest off the week.

So, coming to the maaaaiin part of the program, :) how shall we keep each other accountable? My biggest weakness is in the area of exercise. So, on a daily basis, I will come and post "yes" or "no" on whether I completed exercise. And on days, when I post "no", you all can give me a nice spanking. :hide: