1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I need a suggestion

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by raypa, Jan 5, 2010.

1. raypa

raypa New IL'ite

Hallo friends
    I have always been a silent readers to all the querries n suggestions you friends give back ...i really appreciate those suggestions those are life savers for few .
    Today my cousin is in trouble .... the prob is with her husband ,,,,,we have known this but now she says its quite serious she is suffering from abuses torture from inlaws husband .
    Ireally feel bad for her the only things she wants is to get out of this marraige and has a 3 yr old son and she wants the custody of her son....
    can u plz tell me what are the chances she can have the full custody of her ....her kid is her whole life .
    please guys anybody who has gone through this please advice .

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Is your friend in India/US?
    Whats her husbands take on this? Is he willing/threatening to look for full custody of kids?

In whichever case it might be, My personal opinion would be fighting over kids would make the issue worse and also the kid would grow with lot of resentment towards parents. So why cant she strike a common ground with her husband and look for joint custody or atleast visitation rights so that the father of the kid will still be around in kids life and the kid wont feel that emptiness or being fatherless. (If her husband is interested in the kid, if not its easy to get full custody)

Though I am not the right person to suggest this, but I would want to say that dont make the kid as the fighting object and dont take the grudge on the other party by using the kid as the reason. JMO

3. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Srividhya has given good advice. It is said that sensible couples go for divorce by mutual consent. If you can make this happen, it will be good for all of you. Custodial battles are very straining and get dirty in Indian courts as most of the time it becomes a tool to harass the other partner. If your husband is a good father, let him be there for you kid.

I would also take liberty to request you to never poison the mind of your child. Let the child see the world with his own eyes. If you can't say good things about your hubby don't criticise him also.As your child grows up he will surely understand that his mother has never poisoned and never spoken ill of anyone, that way he will always have a faith in you.

Regards
    Ansh
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. raypa

raypa New IL'ite

Thank you srividya and ansh for a good suggestion what u said is true ...and she stays in india ...yeah her husband is threatnig her for the custody .
    hope things go very well.