1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I must Learn to Overlook Things!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, May 22, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    Yesterday, me and my hubby went to watch a movie in a nearby multiplex. After buying tickets, we were just waiting outside the screen where there are counters for snacks and all. We bought a tub of popcorns and were busy chatting. I saw a boy carrying a big garbage bin (which seemed empty of course but not clean). He kept it behind a snacks counter. Then I was waiting that this boy will go and wash his hands from the wash room, which is just opposite to that counter. But to my utter surprise, he just didn’t go there. He was standing chit-chatting with his friends.
    The next thought which came to my mind was that-he must be doing it regularly. And why only he; they all must be doing it like this. That’s why they were all quite comfortable with this. I was forced to think, either he doesn’t understand the value of hygiene or simply doesn’t have the concept of it or maybe he’s been taught about it but has become complacent. I felt so disgusted, so bad. I was thinking, when we all (kids too) come here, we too buy snacks here. And then these guys must be serving all of us with such dirty hands? I felt like puking! I literally had to divert my mind somewhere else as I am a bit stupid person. I just can’t stand something like this and invariably I bring up. I was quite restless. I was thinking, why me man! Why only I saw that, why nobody else noticed that. Or is it that everybody sees something like this but they don’t pay heed to it? And I unnecessarily get into details of all sorts of things which are really trivial.
    This is not all my friends! The movie started some good 15 minutes late. The screen was just empty. Neither did they show any advertisements nor trailers. And I got one more shock when they started movie directly without playing our National Anthem, which is mandatory. Others were comfortable but I was not. I feel, we in India feel proud to break rules, love to deny what is made mandatory, isn’t it?
    And then came the last blow! After the movie I went to washroom. It was so dirty that I thought to better head for home fast than to contract infections here.
    It was all so disastrous. And I would have probably forgotten all, had the movie been good! But I was waiting endlessly for the movie to get over. Alas!
    One big question is making repetitive rounds to my mind-“Shall I learn to overlook things and flow in the same direction as others do or what?” I am confused!
    Regs.

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Do they have to?! I never knew this and never witnessed such even once.. :confused2: new rule?!

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear mstrue!in mumbai it is mandatory to play the national anthem.thanks for your feedback.regs-anu:)

4. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

That's good to know, Anu! And good practice too. I heard our Anthem after so long last week in a function and was thrilled to stand still. :)

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Oh By the way, I am not the too patriotic kind too.. kinda somewhere in the middle. In fact I was surprised myself with my thrilling. Never knew of my this side!

6. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear mstrue! thanks once again for your feedback.patriotism should be in one's blood,his/her attitude.respecting national anthem is one of them and respecting rules and regulations and abiding by law is also patriotism.do you agree?regs-anu:)

7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Oh Anu, then I think I can call myself Patriotic. :)
    'Patriotic True' Agrees. :thumbsup

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  8. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Anukarsha and Mstrue,

Its nice to know that they play National Anthem before movies at Mumbai. I feel they can follow this practice all over India!

Anukarsha, we all do see such things in daily life, even I wonder if we should just ignore and go on....

9. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear custard, thanks for your feedback.I am slowly learning to ignore things because otherwise i end up having more trouble wherever i go.i am learning to take things at face value.regs-anu:)