1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I miss them!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rose8282, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

it is not education but OP strikes the right cord, that there must be something PILs enjoy doing and not constantly looking forward to us to accompany them. more than 50% issues with my MIL comes from the fact that whole her life what all she did was took care of family and had no activities of her own and slowly she gre so dependent to go and even shop for veggies. in spite the fact she is higly intelligent when she suiggests us idea sometime we can tell, and she did nto study yet some ideas are just swesome. on other hand my mom did degree but never worked n took care of family but she has her own activities so she does not have time on hand to think about other things

1 person likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I understood the essence of what you were trying to convey rose. I am so proud of the Gdil and gdson who are taking care of her barely in their late 20's going by the discussions here. I have seen few more who have adjusted and accommodated for their family while there are few who are still rigid, that said they are entertained only to a extent.

coming to the part of education and in-laws what worked for you is acceptance from both end. The priority for your in-laws being their son's happiness and their understanding that in the equation of that happiness your happiness was equally important. Once this understanding sets in things work on a positive note. Small issues tend to be small and solved with the understanding. And yes loved the way they wanted to pitch in with the chores and other things. Reminds me of my mil who even when bed ridden would want to cut yam for me because I am allergic to it and start itching. Not that she was the best but then none of us are perfect. That is the reason I said thaeda ya seedha mera hai.

Being involved, having activities, hobbies and being able to keep us engaged without letting the devil into the workshop is something we must learn to cultivate for a better us and to age gracefully.gracefulness is not about physical appearance alone but handling things better and with a better level of maturity. I have a few in-laws who inspire me to learn from them Cheeniya sir's mother, my neighbour Aunty, the gmil, a great aunt, and yours are added to the list along with shivachoubey and Sunaa in-laws. just thinking I will not be a bad mil is not enough because even our mil would have thought the same but change once they become one instead if i work on being better person I am sure I will be better in-law when the time comes. It is a work in progress and that is why my profile has working at being a better human being.

let us hope we don't have the next generation coming up with the same set of issues. And then I tend to visualise my in-laws are not involved, they don't have time for us kind of threads.

sorry to digress rose but knocking on wood. God bless your family

1 person likes this.
  3. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

I too miss my ILs when they go back... Keep your mind busy it helps!

4. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

I got goosebumps reading OPs post..
    Such a good feeling..

5. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

What a wonderful people :)....

6. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Irony...being educated and having a job is ALWAYS linked with the character....thats wrong!

7. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

OCdesigirl...I'm working and with a baby, my hands are full! That was a feeling I felt when they just left and I just had to create a post in honour of them :) I'm completely fine now!

2 people like this.
  8. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Super Sweet :) you are blessed with such awesome in-laws!!!