1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I met life!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Navpreet, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Today, I saw her again. She was with her friend at bus- stop as charming as she was when I saw her for the first time. I still remember that fragrance, her white suit and her flicks, playing with her rosy cheeks.

“Excuse Me!” that day these words made me turn and now I am addicted to this voice.

My day begin with these words daily, as she always beg for side in that loaded bus. And, I use to stand in her way, just for the sake of my heart. It’s a month now and I just know that she is student of a nearby school (as she mostly talks about it with her friend).

“You are a dumb.” My sissy, often, calls me so after listening to my aadhi-adhoori luv story. She is my best friend and knew everything about me, so I told her about my crush “It’s not a film story that ultimately heroine is going to come to hero. Why don’t you tell her?”

“What should I tell her?”

“About your feelings.”

“What feelings, dee? I even don’t know whether she notices me or not.”

“Just try a funda” she paused for a minute to note my reaction.

“What funda?” was my obvious reaction.

“Just listen. You use to stand in her way, daily.Don’t do......”

“What shouldn’t I do?” I interrupted.

“Shut up! And listen. Don’t stand in her way for one day, if her eyes wander for you then it means you are on way boy! Otherwise..................”

“Otherwise?”

“Forget her. She even doesn’t know your existence.”

So guys wish me luck today I am going to test it “Hey bhagwaan! Do help me.” I am sitting in second row of the bus and I can see her clearly but neither she looked at me nor turned to pass a glance at me. My heart ached. May be she don’t want to look at me in public
    “What a situation? My heart is not ready to accept this but as dee said I have to.”

1 person likes this.

2. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Now-a-days, I had changed my timings because her face will enlighten my feelings again. And, I don’t want to walk on path that will lead me to pain only. I had started involving myself in other activities in college, so that I can forget her.
    Today, I had to travel in her bus (it’s a month since I am trying to forget her), as to my folly I had missed my early bus and I had to reach college early. But to my surprise, neither she nor her friend was in that bus. Khair, now it’s none of my concern whether she travel by this bus or not. We are going to organize an inter-college competition for a NGO for help of blind students. And, I am also participating. “Thanks to dard-e-dil. At least, I am doing something good for curing my heart ache.”

I was near the auditorium entrance that something attracted my attention and my heart (idiot) started beating with high pace. It was that (bus) girl. I turned my face and she surpassed me with her same friend. “What a friendship? I always use to think after seeing both of them.”

“Leave that and move on” my conscience said and i obeyed.

After all the performances and prize distribution (we got first prize),blind students had to perform for thanks-giving. We got seated in audience. Curtain rolled off and I saw that girl among the performers. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Colour of my face changed and my heart was about to fell out. I came out of audi to calm my nerves. I was walking extra-ordinarily fast and suddenly........ dham.......... I crashed with a girl.

“Sorry” I apologized and was about to move that I heard a voice “Excuse Me!” It was the same voice, I use to hear daily. I turned. She was that girl’s friend.

“Hi!” she said

“Hi” I replied “Sorry, Do I know you?” I said trying to repent my confusion.

“No. But I noticed you daily in our bus. I am Nisha.”

“I am Gautam” I replied.

“Congratulation! Your team bagged first prize” She said in a very sweet manner.

“Thanks.....You had participated?” I questioned her, actually trying to hide my condition.

“No....I am with my sister. She is performing on stage. She is among blind students.”

“O.k.” I replied uninterestingly, as it’s not of my interest anymore.

3. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

“My sister wants to congratulate and thanks your team but you all had settled in audience so we were not able to locate you. Now, I saw you so I thought to pass over her message to you. She loves making new friends.” She stopped and (my stupidity) noticed my
    dis-interest “You might be thinking why I am boring you by my sister’s talks.”

“No...No....... Please continue. There’s nothing like that. What you were saying about your sister?” I replied trying to mend my stupidity.

“Actually, I use to be with her as she can’t go alone and doesn’t have any other friend.” She again paused for some time and then continued but there was a sudden change in her expression, they were carrying some sadness “but I am getting married next month and I am really worried about her as she has no friend. I had insisted her to participate in this program, so that she can have access to new people, otherwise she will be limited to four walls of house but I want her to be independent and complete her education. I have to go now as she will be worried. Any ways, Congratulation and thanks once again. Bye” She vanished.

But leaving behind a feeling of shame. “How cheap you are, Gautam? External beauty is everything for you”.” my conscience scolded me. At that very moment, I decided to help her. So, I met Nisha after show. She introduced me and my whole team to her sister. Her name is Sunaina (Her eyes were really lively). We all promised to pay visit to her daily. And believe me that was happiest moment of my life. After that I and Sunaina became very good friend. She taught me other side of life and changed my attitude toward life.
    Today, it’s 6th year of our friendship and our first marriage anniversary. Sunaina completed her graduation in music and now teaches music to blind student and earn a good salary. She taught me to value all the precious gifts God had given us and gives me proper care and understands me. “I may not be so happy, if I had married another girl than Sunaina. She is soul of my house.” And, I use to teach her to see colours of life through my eyes. Now I understand very well “What exactly life is......”

1 person likes this.
  4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Very nicely written, Navpreet!
    clearly depicted the human mind in the initial stages of 'love' and how it had changed for good is nicely stated!
    Keep writing!

sriniketan

5. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Thanks for ur appreciation.Your(readers) single word,even of criticism is valuable for a writer.Thanks once again.

6. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Hi Navpreet

A good one..Your work really says what exactly life is!..
    Do gift us with more such short stories.

Love
    Meena