1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I love my self!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by crazywriter, Jul 6, 2009.

1. megh

megh New IL'ite

Dear Crazywriter.
    Fantastic thought.There are many people in the socity who finds fault for everything.I was very thin during my school days and my relatives used to comment like "u dont eat anything..see how she looks.."
    as a child it used to hurt me...
    like u , i used to tell thm its lot better to be thin that fat!!!
    Regards
    Megha

2. winpie

winpie Silver IL'ite

Dear Suma,
    The outside seems to be more important than what a person is inside. Most of us buy into that idea and end up being dissatisfied with ourselves. What you have expressed here in your blog needs to be pinned up at a prominent place in the lives of people who suffer from lack of self love because of their looks.
    I would love to add one idea about loving oneself to the ones you have already enumerated here - loving oneself should not mean acceptance of unhealthy weight (for fat people like me!). Whereas it is important to love and accept ourselves as we are, it is equally a part of loving ourselves to work towards a healthier physique.
    Keep blogging,
    Winpie

3. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

i hear you. i can relate to u since im petite myself. :)

4. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Dear Megh,

thank you for your comments. you are right, and I have read somewhere - people tend to criticize others in order to make themselves feel better in comparison. So people who make negative remarks about others have an underlying insecurity about themselves.

5. crazywriter

Dear Winpie,

thank you for your fb, yes, unfortunately, the exterior is more judged than our inner personality. yes, I agree with you, we must maintain a healthy weight for the sake of our health.

Again, like I mentioned in this blog, we must also have the wisdom to realise that we can only change our weight around our individual body structure. We cannot expect to transform into a size zero from a heavy body. We must adopt safe and recommended ways to lose weight, and not resort to dangerous acts to attain a 'good figure'. I put that in quotes to show that each person has a different perception of beuty. Like I said in my closing comments, each person will feel differently about what a good figure is.

Thank you for reading, and please visit my other posts as well, and give me your valuable comments! :)

6. crazywriter

Thank you aminroop. :) be proud of your beauty! and I think ladies who are petite have a very special attraction. :)

7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

8. crazywriter

Sure aminroop, I will definitely read it, right now I am loggin out, so will surely see it tomorrow. :)

9. snnt1981

snnt1981 New IL'ite

Dear crazywriter,
    Good blog! Even I am leaner and tall...and could relate to myself when I was reading this...
    -snnt