1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

I love music

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by iyerviji, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi aunty!

Nice thread.

I love music. Music in any form. Music and I are bonded - more than IL - we are inseparable. I feel it in my blood - in my breath. Even when I travel in bus, when I feel bored or suddenly some song flashes through my mind, I cannot sing loudly - for people might even hit me! So I hum the song - whether filmi or bhakthi. I also listen to good devotionals loaded in my mobile.

My morning starts with Kiran Devotionals. Do you watch Asianet ISS Season 4? Yesterday Vidhya sang Chembaikku Naadham Vilachappol - from the album Mayilpeeli. I think you must have heard that Cassette or CD. It was a great hit. All the songs from that album are very nice and take you to God himself! If you have never heard those songs, please find out from your friends and hear - any mallu or palghat brahmin must be having.

I can keep writing pages on this thread. I love music to that extent - to the core. The sad part is I sing - hum even the interludes and Sudha will tease me - avan avan kashtappattu violinum guitarum kathundu vasikkaran - indha ponna paaruda vaayilaye veenayum violinum vaasikkarathu !!!!!!!

I also have the habit of linking songs - like if you sing one song - from there you can link to another song in its flow! Am really crazy!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mallika

It was interesting to read your choices of music. When you are sad and listen to devotional music you feel so good and light at heart.
    You seem to be an all rounder interested in everything. Your fbsare so good to read in every forum. Sweet of you.

I dont know whether you have heard the followig song. I dont know who sang it but me and my sister always used to sing this song

It is like this

கண் எடுத்தாகிலும் காணீரோ
    என் காவிய மாலையை பூநிரோ

பண்ணும் பனுவலும் பாரதமும் விரதமும்
    பட்டம் பதவி பெற பாடவில்லை அய்யா
    தங்க பதக்கங்களை என்றும் நாடவில்லை அய்யா
    எட்டு எட்டு திக்கிலும் ஓடவில்லை
    உன் மனதிலன்ரி தேடவில்லை அய்யா

பேருக்கும் புகழுக்கும் பேராசை படவில்லை
    பெரிய பேர் காலையும் தொட்டு கும்பிடவில்லை
    ஆருக்குயிரக நேசித்தேன் உன்னை
    ஆர்வமலர்களை எடுத்து பூஜித்தேன்

Hope you will like this song

love
    viji

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laddu and Swarnalata

Good to know that you also love music

love
    viji

4. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,

Interesting topic! I too love music, vocal, instrumental, film songs, Carnatic, Hindustani or Western...

In fact, My friends and I of the same age still attend a 'Paattu' class on Fridays... our teacher says that it is good to sing and express our devotion to the Almighty, specially on Fridays...and we all request Mami to teach us songs on Devi!

My little cutie pie grand-daughter listens in rapt attention to the melodious rendering by the Indian Idol 5 contestants!

Love,
    Padma

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma

Glad to know that you love all kinds of music and attend music class on Fridays. Songs on Devi are very good . Glad to know that your grand daughter also likes music. My granddaughter also likes music and starts dancing when she hears the music. Now a days children are very smart.

love
    viji

6. Roopali

Roopali New IL'ite

Hi All,

Glad to touch base with music lovers... I likes genres of music any language...
    btw.. i just saw the you tube video of Susan Boyles audition on britains got talent 2009. WOW!! i was completely bowled over by that woman's talent.... i mean she sang I dreamed a dream from Les Miserables.... and that is one difficult song... if any one wants to hear it.. just search under Susan Boyle on you tube

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Roopali

Glad to know you are also fond of music

love
    viji