1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Love Malls, I Hate Malls, I Love Malls, I Hate Malls ......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 18, 2013.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sats dear,
    Glad to see a Satchi's post...brimming with humor......:thumbsup
    Loved it buddy.....:)
    Let me tell you something my dear Sats baby...........tsk
    Don't take cash for shopping.....it's like the hands are being tied with an icecream melting in front of us......:drowning.
    Go with Cards...........and Shop till you drop..............Chillout!:rotfl

3 people like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhargavi,

God in his infinite Wisdom blessed me with a BH who despite having no sisters somehow sensed the female penchant for shopping and refused to get a credit card. So we don't have any cards. I have got the strangest of looks when I have confessed this on being asked for one - you know, that look like you are something that the cat brought in and forgot to take back with it????? That about sums up the look. So I have to carry cash buddy, no other go. :-(

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Similar experience Satchi! Almost!
    Recollected the day when I stood in queue outside a Sainsbury to buy Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows [The last of that series] for a premium price, that being the within the first week of its release, only to find an even better copy available in the local library that week-end.

I never like to be in a hurry,
    Yet, I try my best to scurry
    Away when I'm invited to a mall.
    I'm sure that its not a divine call,

At least for myself who is so good
    In saving pennies and spending pounds,
    Ending up in a similar likelihood
    Of having so less to cover my ground.

A new soap or shampoo or a perfume
    Is enough to allow me to resume
    The habit that I stopped 'n' times
    Boy! These are just horrid times!

What you once bought, thinking that
    You would never get it at that price,
    Is often found later in a corner plot
    New and away from your own eyes.

But a mall sounds so good to be,
    If you are meeting a friend there;
    Talk for hours without shopping any,
    And return home happy, calling it fair.

3 people like this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello my dear Satchi,

So nice to see you rocking the snippets forum once again, back in your element I see! Am so glad for you gal, missed your snippeting!

Well, I would have read this even if it was not nominated to FP, but the fact is, it is!:rotfl :thumbsup Looks like Shyamala enjoyed this post as much as I did!

Well, thanks or no thanks to Kelly, you seem to have had a great shopping day at the Mall and as I read it, did enjoy the experience after all. Well, what are the purses for if not for making a big hole through them?! Just eat that soup in those pretty bowls for the soup will stay with you as a nutrient while the money will go one way or the other, right?

As for me, I am fascinated with the Mall culture of India today! When I left India, no malls there. As a matter of fact, considering the time I landed in the west, even here they were not as huge and all consuming as they are today!

These days, if I visit my beloved land, it is only for a short period. But then, who cannot be lured with all the fantastic wares of India? No time but big greed to get few of those luscious things and I admit that it is the mall that invites me. No traffic, no crowds to elbow your way through, variety of wares under one roof, cool thanks to AC and all that yummy Indian food courts...I luv our malls! Even the burger at McDonalds tastes heavenly where as we avoid Mc'ies like plague here!!!!!!!!

During my recent visit, I remember our friend Sindhu getting all troubled when I requested her to take me to the nearest mall. She looked at me all lost and confused and said, "I don't know where the malls are here, I avoid them and don't like them." But, go she did to please me!!!!!!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Kamla,

So good to see you here. I have heard people in the West rue the mall culture too, because they say they miss the little "corner" shops or the "mom and pop stores". I guess everything changes with time. It is amazing how much India has changed in such a short time. It is only the sheer crowds that troubles me. But since I am one of those crowds, I am sure, I too trouble others who do not like crowds, if you see what I mean.

BTW, did Sindhu enjoy going to the mall with you? Could not resist asking!!!!! :-D