1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Love Malls, I Hate Malls, I Love Malls, I Hate Malls ......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Seriously, Satchi, how many peole who go to malls actuallly shop there. Most people who go to malls go there for fun, to watch movies in the multiplexes there and to eat. Most of the crowd in malls are tenns who come to ogle at girls, to pick up dates and what not. Serious shoppers always head for shops that are not located in malls. Malls are too crowded for comfortable shopping.. It is a pity because in Delh8i and environs you find good chains like Westside mostly in malls.

3 people like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

True Balajee. Here too Westside and many other good stores have their outlets in malls and one can really do some nice shopping there too. Expensive no doubt, but still fun once in a way. It is the crowds and the endless queues at the check out counters that are extremely daunting. In fact Big Bazaar is also one such place where one can find really good bargains, but not to be stepped into on a weekend.

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Oiye Sats!
    So nice to read your snippet.
    No wonder we are great pals here..what with sharing traits of embarrassments and hating shopping malls.
    I am with you Sats.
    The only time I go to the malls is 3 days before Christmas to buy my husband a gift. This year too I went to get men's fragrance/after shave but found them so expensive I ended up buying a lovely teal green lace ruffled top for myself. Hey but that that was the only thing within my budget.
    I made a sumptuous breakfast for my hubby on Christmas morning and declared, "it is the thought that counts" which is another story.
    I too miss the small grocery stores and the small textile stores, "mom and pop" stores as they call them.

Congrats on the nomination.

4 people like this.
  4. satchitananda

Hey Kamala, thanks so much. Really nice to see you here. Ages since we had a nice chinwag. Actually BH had mentioned he wanted a bowl like the one I had bought as a student in London (a china ware which I still have). I took the opportunity to buy half a dozen proper soup bowls that I felt we needed and very innocently asked him "but didn't you tell me you wanted some soup bowls"? Of course these can be used the same way we use the other one too. But then that is another story. :rotfl

5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Satchi dearest!
    O.....call it coincidence ?....I am just back home from a morn to noon shopping with my sweet little gal!.......we set of pretty lovy-dovy, but came back as enemies! Every time I set my eyes on some outfit, she goes rat-tat-tat...."..eeekkks....doesn't suit u....don't you think you are a bit old for that?"..... Mean thing, she is ...nah?
    So yeah....I hate malls for now......and I hate those mean little girls :)
    ...next time lets do it together and we can keep complimenting each other while trying outfits!
    Mega

3 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

LOL Mega. Sure thing, we shall do this together next time, with none of those mean little things doing this to us. And the consoling factor for you will be that you could say that to me if you like :rotfl and if you compliment me of course you get a big treat at the food court. :-D

1 person likes this.
  7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi Sats,

I thought I exactly share your sentiments, but to be honest cant say that right now. For both mri and I just returned home after spending almost the entire evening at the mall.You know KL is famous for its sales? we have one in July aug -holiday season sales, Diwali sales, idd sales ,Christmas and now it is for chinese new year. I totally enjoy looking around and getting good bargains.
    but in India I prefer road side shopping because malls are too crowded and noisy, As pct says malls there are for the aircon and food breaks or meeting points with friends.

great to know that you girls had a lovely time :)

3 people like this.
  8. satchitananda

Mindi, even I thought I hate malls in India, till I enjoyed the afternoon with Kelly. But honestly, wild horses would not drag me to a mall here on my own, unless of course I had something specific to buy which I could only get there, or to watch a movie in PVR. Otherwise give me the small shops anytime. Actually it depends a lot on the company and the mood.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear humerous post as always. You and Mindi have a knack of bringing people to your posts, dont know when I will learn that art, when I will be able to narrate like you both, when my dear Anna Cheeniya Sir will give fb to my post. I like Malls especially when I go to Dubai I enjoy going to the Malls, even if I dont buy anything nice to pass my time there going round the malls. I dont go to the Malls here in Mumbai as I get what I want in the particular shops I buy and become their regular customer who give me discount, dont know whether they raise the price and give me for less amount or they really give me discount.Some say if I enter their shop itself is enough that they have a good sale. I dont know how far that is true too. Enjoyed reading your wonderful snippet and congrats for the nomination

3 people like this.
  10. satchitananda

Thanks a lot Vijima for the lovely words of appreciation. Your posts are also appreciated and loved by many here and it is not for nothing that everyone here calls you Vijima. :)

Yes, the malls abroad are a treat to just walk through and look at, though they are mostly very expensive. It is pleasant to pass the time of day there if they have benches to sit on and to watch people come and go. Somehow those do not get so crowded like the malls here in India. But at the end of the day it is really exhausting. There is just so much to see.

Like you said, here we have our specific shops where we get good deals and where we know the shop keepers on a personal basis. That gives a very personal touch to the experience of shopping which we cannot get in the malls. I guess each has its own side which is pleasant and one has to be in a mood to enjoy it. Otherwise the best is to sit at home, pick up the phone and order what one wants and have the goods delivered at home. :-D That is one luxury we can enjoy in India.

1 person likes this.