I Lost my mom

Discussion in 'Bereavement' started by SupriyaDinesh, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Once again I am so very sorry for your loss. I had a computer crash during that period and only now saw this after your email. I am shocked and saddened. You asked for practical advice - well when it happened to me I was 23 and studying and at home. A year later I had to leave home to study elsewhere. The I got married and didnt come back home to live.Fortunately my sister was able to stay with Dad - she is younger than me and she is still living with him. So this meant Dad could continue his routine. Also in my case my mom was sick for 13 years before she died and was bedridden for the last few years so we already had a support system in place , ie. someone to cook and take care of things etc.
    Now for you I would suggest getting a live-in cook/house keeper if possible in the next month. I'm assuming your Dad wants to continue practising in Madurai (mine certainly did). Stay for the next 2-3 months if you can and get the system running. If you have family close-by see if someone can pop in regularly after you leave and make sure that things are ok. And call your Dad everyday after you are back in the US. Unless your Dad wants to I dont think asking him to live with you would be a good thing. My Dad is an avid reader with a huge interest in life and living. So he has his books and some friends and of course his work and so manages to keep busy all the time. I call him everyday and visit every 3-4 mnths; he comes here fairly often too so its going well so far. I'm sure he feels lonely a lot of times but he's a great optimist by temparament and generally copes well with all of life's challenges. If your Dad has a hobby/interest before this happened encourage him to continue with if after a few months when the shock of all this would have worn off a bit.
    On a personal note my heart goes out to you. I know first hand how painful life without a mother can be sometimes and although we never forget, over time you do slowly come to terms with the loss. ((hugs))

V.

PS - if I can help or you need to vent do email.

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,
    I am feeling very low today and went through all your replies again.My mom was a great cook.and few of her homemade powders went undocumented.i donot know the proportions.i feel bad that i can taste that again ever.

3. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

I am very sorry Supriya. Hold on. Remember all good happy memories both of you shared together. I did that when my mother passed away some time back.

Remember, she is out there looking after you even now.

Take care.
    Shail

4. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear,

I am extremely sorry about your mother. I saw the thread today only. I pray for her soul rest in peace. Dear I know your feeling. It is too ealry to loose her in this age. But dear be brave and face the situation. May god help you to recover from this tragedy.

ganges

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Supriya
    Really sorry to hear about your mom, may her soul rest in peace I just happened to see this as even my FIL had passed away on 11th feb so was not here. He too died with massive heart attack. God bless you and your family to give strength to face the situation.
    My heart felt condolence to you.

6. tourbillon

tourbillon New IL'ite

chere supriyadinesh. toute mes condoléance, je suis très touche du décés de votre chere maman;et que son ame repose en paix

7. vadtrip

vadtrip New IL'ite

I am new to this group, in fact this is my first message - May Lord Krishna give you stregth to recover from the shock dear Supriya
    Vaidehi

8. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Dear Supriya,

Its a sad and irretrievable loss. May her soul rest in peace. Praying GOd for u and ur father's strength. Sometimes u just have to hang in there and time ll make things less hurtfull. Its a good thing atleast u got to be in India with ur mom whn she took her last breath.

May GOd give u and ur family strength to go on.

Regards,
    CC

9. rena2010

rena2010 Senior IL'ite

Its extremely sad for me to hear of the demise of your loving mother.
    My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
    I pray to the Almighty Lord to give u courage,strength and support.
    Don't worry. She is always with you.

10. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Supriya

Extremely sorry to know about the loss of your mother. I pray the almighty to give you the strength and courage to come out of this grief. Though she is no more, she will continue to live in your thoughts for ever...

-Gayathri.