1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

I lost 4 kgs in week with GM DIET - but need HELP as want to follow again! PLS HELP

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by rissy, Jul 9, 2012.

1. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I followed 7 days GM diet for weight loss and today is 8th day and I can see I lost 4 kgs with it. And also water retention and swelling in my ankles and feet reduce to a good amount and legs appear slimmer (I have hypothyroid so had some ankle swelling). But I couldn't follow diet properly. I did not do exercise as suggested in it. I was physically not much active this 7 days. The diet claims that we can lose 7-8 kgs in week but I however is satisfied with 4 kg.

Hunger was not a problem with me as I controlled my cravings easily on this 7 days. But problem was that I am jain, so I can't eat ground vegetables like garlic, onion, potatoe etc. So on 2nd day I replaced boiled potatoe with boiled plantin as breakfast. Then first day was easy as only fruits but second day was difficult due to only vegetables. Now half of vegetables I don't like and I can only eat cucumber as raw. Now what is left. I can't take spinach, cabbage, cauliflower due to hypothyroid. Not even carrot as I am jain. I just took corn and cucumber and boiled beans & little shimla mirch (bell pepper) whole day.

Then 3rd and 4th day went easy but on 5th day only one cup brown rice and 6 whole toamtoes has to be consumed (for vegetarian version, for non-veg version its beef & 6 whole tomatoes) But brown rice is not available in the city I live so I replaced it with white normal rice that we cook daily at home, but in general I hate eating rice, but still I managed to eat it without lentil and spices. But the quota of 6 whole tomatoes was damn difficult. I could only eat two and vomited. So 5th day was flop.

Now I am thinking of following this diet again next week and so I have a question for that I need your suggestions

When I follow this diet again next week, can I replace brown wheat bread against brown rice in GM diet vegetarian version?????
    . Because as mentioned above, on 5th day (which is known as feast day) 1 cup cooked brown rice (without pepper or spices) for vegetarian version and in addition to that 6 whole tomatoes has to be consumed.

The diet requires to have whole tomatoes and not in juice or soup form. BUT problem with me is that I hate eating whole tomatoes alone. I can't eat whole tomatoes all alone. I can eat tomatoe in sandwich, I can eat tomatoe as topping in pizza, I can have tomatoe soup, gravy, sauce, but I can't eat whole tomatoe all alone, I would just vomit if I try. And I also don't like rice and by the way brown rice is not even available in the city I live. So what I am thinking is to replace brown rice (or beef for non-veg version) with 4 brown whole wheat bread a day. i.e. I will put 3 tomatoes slices between two whole wheat bread and have it as sandwich (without butter ofcourse) during lunch and again in dinner same i.e. 3 tomatoes slices between two whole wheat bread without butter as sandwich. Can I do like this next week? OR can it ruin diet and make the diet ineffective? Pls suggest. I can eat tomatoes if kept between bread but can't eat alone. I can follow diet religiously but this 5th day i.e. feast day is damn difficult because of this quota of eating 6 whole tomatoes and for second time I don't want this 5th day to be flop so want some alternative.

Admin Note: You might be interested in reading few more active threads on GM Diet!

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/hair-care-and-hair-styles/202736-about-gm-diet-plan.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/172022-team-g-m-diet-7-a.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-diet-and-nutrition/177522-gm-diet.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...hape/180433-things-you-should-know-about.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/65877-weight-loss-diet-plan-7-a.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/1592-gm-diet.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013

2. anjish

anjish Silver IL'ite

Re: I lost 4 kgs in week with GM DIET - but need HELP as want to follow again! PLS HE

hello rissy
    Today is my 1st day of this diet or you can say any kind of diet plan.
    i do not know your answer but i want to ask u some questions?
    what did you eat on 8th day of the GM diet?
    is it safe to follow this type of diet in every month?

3. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Re: I lost 4 kgs in week with GM DIET - but need HELP as want to follow again! PLS HE

what is GM diet? can any one elaborate please??

4. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  5. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

Hi Anjish,

GM diet is crash diet and It is known as cleansing diet so safe to follow it once in month until you get desired weight loss. It is 7 days diet so on 8th day you can come to regular diet but ofcourse not like before, i.e. you may take chapatis or cooked vegetables and rice with salt and lentils and all that, but if you again start eating high calorie food or fast food then within couple of days you will put back all lost weight and maybe even more then before. So even in regular diet you will have to cut out high fat & high carbohydrate food. If you want to maintain this weight then you can have regular diet like chapatis and vegetables and rice and all but you will have to cut out icecreams, sweets, beverages, alcohol, fast food, oily or deep fried food, and any other starchy high calorie food atleast until you get desired weight loss. Though you can take regular diet but have to keep watch on calorie intake to make sure you don't put back all lost weight. If you follow GM diet with exercise and brisk walk, trademill & cardio then you will get more better result

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rissy,
    just a question, why are doing the GM diet? what is your weight and height? are you obese? instead of going on a GM diet can't you just modify your eating and do some exercises? i am jain too but i eat everything. Being a jain you can replace some of the things with other foods. Again going on a GM diet you will mess up your body and put on more weight than before and you are suffering from thyroid so there might be effect om it too regarding the diet.
    i would suggest that you start exercising, being hypothyroid is no excuse, i had a friend who was hypothroid, she used to diligently exercise 3 times a week took care of her food and lost a good amount of weight.
    if she can do it you too can do it.
    Why don't you join us in the weight loss buddy 2012 thread and be a part of it there.
    GM diets are not good my dear.
    love
    alpa:cheers

1 person likes this.
  7. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Thanks. Not for obese people who also have diabetes, i suppose?

8. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

Fencesitter, GM diet is general motors diet. Its a weight loss management plan developed by the General Motors Corporation to help keep their employees stay in shape but this diet became popular among other public too. google about it you will find lots of info. Here are links check it out

GM Diet | General Motors Diet Plan, Reviews and Tips
    GM Diet Vegetarian | General Motors Diet
    GM Diet Indian Version | General Motors Diet
    General Motors Weight Loss Diet (Vegetarian Variant) | MSync Health
    GM Diet Plan | Official General Motors Diet Plan
    GM Diet Plan For Vegetarian

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Fencesitter,
    if you are diabetic and over weight, i would suggest that you brisk walk everyday and also have a good diet plan made by a nutritionist who know about diabetes, my dad had been suffering from diabetes for more than 30yrs since 2009 he was put on insulin before that he was on medication, you need to have small meals and do exercises your weight will go down and also your diabetes will be maintained. i look after my dad's diet and he has been having good results from the doc whenever we visit the doc.
    If you are diabetic please DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO DO THIS DIET you will have a diabetic attack which will take you in a coma
    love
    alpa:cheers

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  10. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

@Alpa
    You are right, thats what I am going to do. But one don't have to follow GM diet everyday. It is cleansing diet. And the advantage of following this diet once or twice is that body feels light after following it, for eg: I was not even able to sit in crossed leg on floor but now today I feel lighter and I can sit and I feel fresh so from tomarrow it won't be difficult for me to wake up fresh and go for walk. So basically if someone is very obese and can't exercise immidiatly can follow 2 - 3 rounds of this diet will feel lighter and then they can start exercising. And I am not feeling weak after and during this diet. Because in this diet one don't have to starve. You can eat fruits & vegetables of your choice and unlimited wonder soup until heart contents. But have to cut wheat, maida, fast food, alcohol, beverages, sugar, milk except 4th day etc. One more advantage I got is that I had swelling in my ankles that is reduced. So from today I will definately modify my regular diet and cut salt and replace it with sindhav salt.