1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I like to enjoy the little things in life to the fullest

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 21, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy.”

If you take time to look at the simple things you will come to realise that they are really beautiful. Enjoy life and all the thing syou have at the moment because you cant have everything at once.

Let us not get so busy or live so fast that we cant listen to the music of the meadow or the symphony that glorifies the forest Something in life are more important than wealth, one of them is to enjoy simple things - Dale Carnagie

I enjoy the simple things in life. Having lunch with the full family and hearing to their loving moments. Today my niece had come with her son and he was so playful. It was nice to see him coming to everyone. He was giggling and looking at everything. He is seven months old. Enjoyed the lovely moments with him. If babies are at home you dont know how the time passes and they keep you on your toes.

During teenage days I used to love reading books especially love stories and family stories. In office also we had a library which I used to look after . It was all tamil magazines. When I used to read Novels in tamil never used to feel like keeping it down till I finish it. I used to forget the world while reading the book.

Now after retirement I watch TV serials some I like to watch with interest. I like movies which has a good story and also love story.Today also there is a good movie in Sun going on now. When I am watching an interesting movie or serial I get irritated when I get a phone call. Today also when interesting scene was going on my son phoned , then my sister phoned . As both the calls were important for me I had to talk to them. After the sun news my dh was going on changing channels, dont know why. After sometime he put on sun tv.

I like to enjoy the lovely moments to the fullest.

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who dont, and believe that everything happiness for a reason.

7 people like this.

2. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Dear Vijima,
    Very nicely said. Do what you love, and be happy with little things that surround you. Flipping channels is a common thing with guys. In my home the minute I leave the room my son or husband switch the tv to news channel. Then again I have to change. When I am in the room I make sure to watch what I like.

1 person likes this.
  3. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Amma, you are absolutely right. Enjoying these little and simple things in life is what makes life so fulfilling!

2 people like this.
  4. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji maa,
    Very true! If we keep waiting for a big thing to happen for happiness, we would have not only missed many beautiful things but also would end up being always in a state of anxiety.

Appu

2 people like this.
  5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Good for you, viji for it is a very important lesson most people learn very late in life. I too like to focus at the so many small things around me that can give me pleasure instead of waiting for big things to happen.;)

2 people like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji Akka,

Staying happy like anything else is a habit. If we learn to enjoy little things in life, we learn to remain happy most of the time. When something really good happens, we will feel extremely delighted. When we practice being happy, the pain that we experience disappears and we learn to get out of it quickly. It is not important how long we lived but how we lived that matters the most. We need to enjoy every minute that is gifted to us.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  7. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Viji
    I also think that we feel so much blessed if we can be amused by little things in our life.
    I own a convenience store here in USA. When I see kids come with parents and they see candies or ice cream in my store, I observe the amount of joy and their expressions and it always amazes me.They act like they won a big jackpot. I feel life is full of joy let us celebrate it.
    When I watch funny movies or shows I laugh so much than other people around me that I feel what I am doing unusual here? Then I think I enjoy with full fledged.My joy multiplies when I share the experience of my good moments with other people and it make me even happier when I find that they are amused by my sharing.

Bhavna

'

1 person likes this.
  8. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice post, aunty

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Libra dear how are you? So your house also same with changing channels. thanks for your first fb

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Aspire dear for your loving message