1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I left my love at home

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swathi14, Sep 17, 2009.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai friends,

How are you all..

After a long time, i am coming to share my feelings here.

Last month we had to leave for our home town for a special pooja at a temple there.

Since it is for a week, I made so many precautious activities - informing our servent maid, milkman, paper boy and the most important info our neighbours to have a look at our home often.

Fridge is cleared and I doubly ensured that I locked all the bureas and doors properly, gas is switched off and all the routine things.

We enjoyed our trip to our small home town which still has the beautiness of a village.

All the beautiful paddies, ladies finger plants - Oh my god, what will happen to my rose plant which i have kept in our inner balcony?

Our neighbours cant water the plant and I haven't made any arrangement to water it. Its my favourite and my first rose plant...

Immediately, the pleasure of holiday trip is gone and I was very much worried now. What a fool I am!! I must have handed over the plant to my neighbour..

But what to do now? With little happiness, I performed the pooja and all the other rituals and rushed back to Chennai. With a hurry, I ran to the balcony.

But, alas the plant was totally dried and all the leaves lost their lovely green and I can feel the last whisper of my lovely plant.

I watered it and put some fertilizers and all went in vein. I could not recover the plant.

We are making so many arrangements for all the other things but we are not bothered about plants or trees who cant move for their food.

I really hated me on that moment.

andal

2. achutty

achutty New IL'ite

Dear Andal
    W.r.t plants you are not alone, I have done things similar to you esp with my plants and garden too. We live in Cold country UK, I was determined to grow Jasmine and we get Japanese jasmine here of different colors apart from the standard white we have in India. There is yellow, pink, purple too available. I had White and Yellow plus atleast 4 variety roses plus others in my garden. My first visit to India, I too left I too fate rather than get my friends to water them or atleast get those in pots to their homes. Luckily as the climate was warmer than usual ice cold weather, on my return all of them were 80% dead. I had to spend atleast a month carsing and caring, feeding, manuring, get them back to 100% life.

“There are no mistakes or failures, only lessons....so i think you experience has answered your worries and now you know what to be done next time.

Take care dear...you just reminded me of my own experience...

3. swethakalyanee

swethakalyanee New IL'ite

Hi Andal,

Just last week I was thinking about you n was wondering what happened to u :) . Thought u might be busy with ur work. Anyways happy to have u back here !
    I know how it feels for u losing ur first plant by a small carelessness. Anyways we learn by our mistakes right..so come over it and try to buy a new one soon...

n do keep posting :)

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Swathi, so sad that your rose wilted.We do forget somethings some times,so please dont feel so bad about you.You can nurse another rose plant and taking this as a lesson can be more careful in future:)

5. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Hi Swathi
    It happens sometimes for all.Be more careful next time and make alternate arrangement for the same .

6. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

hi andal,

what to do ? we learned things sometimes in hard manner like this.

do no worry.

bharathy.g

7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Andal,

things like these do happen. Well, we can't remember so many things at a time.

The heaviness of the heart you experienced on seeing the dried up plants is repentance enough. I am sure you will be more careful in the future.

Well, if you want somebody like me to prescribe the right atonement, well go to the nursery and buy more plants than those that dried up and take good care of them.

Things are going to be fine, Andal.

love,
    sridhar

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Andal,

back after a long time.

my 2 months vacation has the same thoughts every year. half the plant dry by the time i am back. i pay my maid to water the plants everyday even in my absense, but it is of no use. i lost 15 of the rose plants this vacation. so this time i have not planted any roses..

Next time, you will think of the plant first..even before your packing...