1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I learn from my children

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by radsahana, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Very true Radhika.

I am still learning from my teen daughter..how she makes her sibilings listen to her..but not to me..:bonk
    Still learning how to control my portion of food from my son..:spinwho keeps a small cup as a measurement and will not have a second serving after that..:)

sriniketan

2. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear vidhya

thanks very much for the fb. Yes everyday is an adventure with them, only we should have that much patience:) Have a gr8 day.

3. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear vimala mam,

I am very happy to receive fb from you. yes i hope too learn from them, and pray to god give me more patience:) sometimes it becomes sooooooo tiresome with 2 tiny tots.

Have a nice day. thank you

4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear pad mam,

Thanks so much for the encouraging fb. Yes i try to inculcate positive values, and healthy attitude towards life, hope they should be growing up as a better human being. No amount of self explantory books can teach us, what the kids by their daily actions can.

have a gr8 day ahead.

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

thanks very much sri for the fb. Art of diplomacy, yes that is what your teen daughter is apt at, which we forget to adopt:). Self discipline is what your son is teaching us. Vow at this age, it is so good to see them having so much self discipline:thumbsup Wonder what if we had so much selfdiscipline,we never would have grown out of shape so much, when we finish all their left overs when they were kid:rotfl

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Nice post Radhika. Absolutely true........ kids always know how to think differently and we learn a lot from them. We have learnt to do things a certain way but their minds are free and makes lots of sense too. This morning my cousin visited us and she was telling me about her friend's daughter. She is a little girl about 3yrs old maybe. It was raining one day and she said " Oh aunty it is raining. The flowers are going to cry now isn't it? " When my cousin asked her why, her reply was " because flowers have eyes and when it rains, the water will fall on the eyes and it will pain the flowers!"............I find that beautiful to be able to think that way.

7. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Dear Radhika,
    The writing was in the right spirit I loved it so much. You look at the kids and their actions just the way as a student looks at the teacher.
    I also sail the same boat. I learn a lot from my dear daughters .... what to do still have not passed the KG in that school. :):):)

Please check this out. I made this earlier.
    Sharing the same values. Have a great day.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/poems-and-poets-place/51072-a-learning-mom.html

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

8. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Radhika,

Really enjoyed your write up. last para what you have written it...it is correct..

9. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Knot2share

thanks for peeping in and encouraging fb. Childrens dont have any fixed way or image of doing things. Sometime my daughter ask me can she paint leaves blue colour, i say yes go ahead and do whatever u imagine.

We as adult sometime curb their imaginations, when we say do things this way that way.

Even i really marvel at ur cousins ,friends daughters, imagination, "Flowers will be crying of pain". We couldnt have even dreamt of that !!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a gr8 day:)

10. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear meenamohan

Yeah we all are in same KG, when it comes to learning.:) Yes we have made ourslef rigid and blocked our mind:bowdown.

Yeah i saw your thread, well written and bringing out mothers true emotions:thumbsup.

Meanwhile we can keep learning from our kids, have a gr8 day.