1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I learn from my children

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by radsahana, Feb 5, 2010.

1. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Children are source of daily learnings. Yes we can learn so much from them. We get so much immersed in our daily routine life, that some small and logical things evade us. You only have to observe them doing something or saying something and you will be hearing the mantras or tips of living live joyfully and successfully.

My 3 yr old,will be sometime nagging me to give something, when i was browsing IL, and i dont pay any attention to him, after asking 2-3 times, he immediately will pull the chair climb it and try to take the things himself. Here he is teaching me to be independence. ( we all learnt independence, while growing up, but somewhere we postpone things, by giving excuse that oh i am waiting for him or he/she to bring me so and so, then i only i can finish the work).

At other time he will be playing with blocks, and i will be calling him to drink milk, but he wont listen, when i go near him, i find him concentrating 100% on his building block. Here he teaches me value of concentration. i became amazed at his concentration at this age.

While bringing kids back from school, when i wanted to put cark in the parking place, someone ahead of me will take that place, and i will say """""" he has taken place, at that My little princess will say innocently "Amma, our name is not written on that place". Instantly i will feel oh yes that is true, that is common street parking, why i am getting angry. Here she is teaching me value of patience and understanding.

Persistence, yes who else can teach this better than children. They will never give up asking you anything. Even though we say 10 times no, they will still persistently asking for that thing. Here i learn from them, never give up be persistent. My son wants to watch some Cartoon, and i will deny saying his quota for today is over, he wont give up easily. At last i will have to divert his attention, by indulging him in some other plays.

Children easily forgets if we get angry with them or scold them and they enjoy and become playful.Whereas we elders if we had some tiff with our DH or any fmly member, we spoil our mood for whole day, I learn from children to let it go, and enjoy the present moment. Dont carry the luggage,long after it is deposited.!!!

2. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Radhika,

As the saying goes "Out of the mouth of babes"...

Amazing what children can teach us...

It is rightly said that we should 'unlearn' all the unwanted lessons picked up as we grow up and become like little children...

Radhika, I really liked your 'lessons' given with the appropriate situations...

Great going!

LnBBHs,
    Padma

3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radhika,

Such a wonderful post. I never thought children can teach us so much and here you showed how their little acts teach us big things.

We all were like that when we were kids but somehow along the way we became adults.

Really enjoyed your write up. A very nice post.

4. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Radhika
    It is so true that Children have an innate wisdom that dies out in adults. You have been very observant and wise to see lessons in the words and actions of a child. If everyone showed the same kind of readiness to learn from children, the world will be a much better place.
    Thank you for sharing the lessons you learnt, dear.

(I am winding up and going to bed right after this and am sure I will dream of sweet little kids teaching a class full of adults about the good values of life !:) )

:thumbsup

5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Nice post and you reflected my feelings. My DD is 3.5 and still she is giving me terrific time. As one of our IL`s say EVERYDAY IS AN
    ADVENTURE. They are constantly testing our patience and love.

6. vimala1957

vimala1957 Bronze IL'ite

Radhika,

a nice feeling you have shared. It is very true, we learn a lot from children. Your children are still little one. You watch them growing and will learn a lot more.

I have grown up children. I have learnt a lot from them from their infanthood till their growing up and even now. I have learnt to see the world in a better way and am so happy for that.

7. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear padma mam,

It feels so nice to get fb from you. i really feel honored. Sometimes kids really teach us a valuable lesson in their innocent way.

Once again thanks for encouraging.

to you also LnBBHs:)

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear shiva,

thanks for the fb dear. hey u know even my children now are helping me to write posts like this:). There is one poem in marathi "Balpan dega deva" which says childhood is so good and innocent, and how we as adults loose that innocence.

Have a gr8 day.

9. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear TL,

thanks so much for the fb.

Yeah i was imagining your vision of cute kids being a Teacher, and we all adults in a classroom, learning from them the simple ways of life. It will be so much fun:rotflsee you fresh in the morning blooming like ur display flower:thumbsup

10. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radhika,
    A wonderful post! You have interrupted the actions of the kids in a wise and nice manner.but it is a fact that child is the father of man.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]While we try to teach our children all about life,
    Our children teach us what life is all about
    .[/FONT]If we would listen to our kids, we'd discover that they are largely self-explanatory.There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. It is necessary to groom children to adopt healthy attitudes and positive traits so that they grow up to be balanced individuals. Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children.
    with love
    pad