1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Laugh And Laugh And Laugh!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I don't know about you, but there are days when all I want to do is crawl into my prayer room and surrender. It is one of those days! I ask the universe to show me a way and all I see is a purple flower. I watch the lonely flower from the kitchen window. It has managed to climb its way up on its dainty vine beating the height of my honeysuckle and is swaying gently in the wind! I know, the flower reminds me often to rise above. Some how this time around, it is not able to speak to me the way it does. But it persists. I ask the universe for more understanding and in walks DH with Chinese food. I brighten, yes it is food after all and more importantly, it is Chinese. Oh how I look forward to those fortune cookies. Sometimes while changing handbags, I find a bunch of them hidden away, of course by me and they always bring a smile. Talk about having some weird habits. Hey! We all have our coping mechanisms don't we?

Anyways, I eagerly open my cookie and I stand rooted. This is how tadasana should feel, in reality! DS peeps in and says "Wow! That's way too specific for a fortune cookie". It says something like "You have unlocked the secret to wealth", "great wealth is coming your way" or some thing to that effect. I scratch my head not knowing what else to do. The cookie keeps coming to mind every now and then. I decide perhaps it is time to try my hand at a lottery. Now, don't tell me you haven't entertained those thoughts ......ever. I understand if you say, you are not the one to give into such thoughts. You see, neither am I. But I know not why the cookie keep showing up or so I think. Well, truth be told, I do. It is in the drawer where I pick keys from everyday, just that I never pay attention to anything else there. Not this time though. I decide I need another clue.

Continuing my game with the Universe, I ask for a sign, a sign of seeing a pink car today before I get home. Pink cars are not that common, are they? Apparently not! The Universe decided to give, not one but three pink cars my way that day! I am all smiles yet confused and the scratching of the head continues. Is it that easy? These things are not that easy right? But numbers, what numbers to pick? I want the Universe to continue to help me. I get an idea and how brilliant that is! I will pay attention to the lucky numbers that are always printed at the bottom of the fortune and use them to buy a lottery ticket, if I decide to play. Don't I have enough clues already? I come home, sift through the drawer and stare at the fortune and burst out laughing! Continuing to laugh, I look through every other fortune I have in the draw and guess what? Every fortune has lucky numbers printed on them except, for this one! Who says Universe doesn't have a sense of humor!

As I laugh and laugh, I am reminded of
    upload_2017-10-8_14-48-27.png

Oh! how I needed that laughter! As I look out the window again, still laughing fetching a glass of water, I see another flower and I realize all I can really do is rise above....no matter how hard.

IMG_1555.JPG

Perhaps that is the secret! I place the fortune gently back into the drawer and walk away reminding myself to continue to cherish these cookies and their fortunes :)

2. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

What a lovely snippet ! I enjoyed the game that you and Universe keep playing. I too believe in Universe and its connection with each and everything.
    Ha..Ha.. May be the Universe is telling you that the real wealth is not necessarily materialistic and you are already in possession of it.
    Beautiful, Thank you Madam for sharing this.

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Pavithra,

Thank you for your feedback and please, you can call me Srama :) All I can tell you is that I needed my mind to be occupied and the universe not only took are of that but made me laugh too. What's not to love about that?

4. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Wowie

Thats a cute write up.... Amazed by the nature's sense of humor and more amazed, you were able to recognize and that....

After reading your post, i felt maybe you are one of those sweet human beings, whom everyone wants around....

Srama likes this.
  5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabita,
    We all have our small quirks of mind and little little challenges.
    Generally we look at what we want to see. Feel happy also. But if we just expand our vision we look at many unecxpected things and they give pleasure. If we go little further....if something unexpected, it is thrill....may be as little as pink cars!!!!! Shall I tell you one more. When expecting....nothing happens!!!! So, just go on and enjoy unexpected thrills!
    Syamala

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  6. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful snippet. Loved reading it.

Srama likes this.
  7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

If fortune cookies could bring fortune, everyone visiting a Chinese joint would be a billionaire. But the universe does not turn its roulette wheel that way. That is not the way the cookie crumbles. But I must say your fortune cookie is unique. Otherwise what they say resemble daily astrological columns in newspapers

Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  8. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@Srama Monday morning blues here and the universe decides to sweeten my day with this post - thank you!!

kaniths and Srama like this.
  9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sabitha, I can never stop being amazed by you! If the Universe plays favourites, you certainly her's. :)

Talk of signs. I don't remember if I wrote about this here. The first birth anniversary of my mom after she passed on was really special. I was really whipping myself up for not being able to take care of her at home. (I must admit, I still do.) That day, my first car was delivered. A yellow flower bloomed on a single plant which had made its way through the cement. Both were enough to lift my spirits and I saw it as a sign from mom that she was happy.

Here is a pic.

Hope springs in yellow.jpg
    True, the Universe does have a way of sending signs if only we notice them, leave alone understanding them.

P certainly has a sense of humour! :-D Loved the Universe's sense of humour the most. :-D

Thyagarajan, kaniths, Srama and 2 others like this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you @nandinimithun for your lovely words. I certainly hope that I bring some happiness to people around me :)