1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

i have a problem ladies, i need ur valuable advice

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by sangitag, Dec 21, 2009.

1. sangitag

sangitag New IL'ite

Hi friends, Me and my spouse are legally married for 3 years. I am on valid H4 visa. Due to dowry problems my spouse had left me in India and left to USA without notice when we came to Inida to renew his H1B.. He is in USA at present on valid H1B. But I have no idea about where he stays. I don’t have any of his contact information like address or phone number. My inlaws are refusing to give his contact information. its very depressing. Now its been 8 months. no mails. no phone calls. Inbetween they damaged all of my degree certificates. I struggled hard to get my passport at last. Now i have decided to stand on my own legs. I have cried and wasted my life enough. I am not able to face this society here and nobody is ready to support me. They mock me for having my spouse run away from me. its really very hurting and I am a lot depressed.
    My query is I would like to travel alone to USA on H4 to attend an academic exam called NBCOT. I can then get a job for myself.I have authorization to test letter. Will I have any problems at the port of entry if I enter USA without my husband's knowledge. My passport has H4 stamping and is valid. What documents would you advice me to take with me to travel to USA? I have marriage certificate, marriage CD & photos. No other proof. I don’t have any proof of his H1B or employment. I don’t know which state he works or his contact information.
    Will I be allowed to enter USA if I say that I don’t know where my spouse is and the purpose of entry to write exam at the port of entry.
    One more query : Is it possible for my spouse to cancel my visa without my knowledge?.
    Ladies please share your experience if u had traveled on H4 without ur spouse accompanying u. tell me if you were asked for documents such as employement letter of ur husband or I797 form. will i be able to enter us without these documents?.
    Please help me out with this issue. I am counting on you ladies. I am sure you will be able to understand about my situation. Thanks.

2. priyapraveendvs

priyapraveendvs Bronze IL'ite

hey i am so sorry for this situation!!!
    but i cna tell you one option..

check out in www.murthys.com

he is an excellent advisor and one more advisor...

is

in orkut..

search for sanjay..he is such a good man and very helpful person in this generation...

try out this please mean while i will ask to sanjay

bye tc

i wish you good luck

3. priyapraveendvs

priyapraveendvs Bronze IL'ite

you seaqrch in orkut "sanjay chauduri"

ok na

and be brave.. hatts off to you

4. NISHA BALAJI

NISHA BALAJI Senior IL'ite

Dear Sangita...

Try this web site

www.immihelp.com

They will have all the details..

I am Proud of your decision to forget the past and start a new life for urself with a career...

God Bless you dear

Nisha

5. sangitag

sangitag New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for those advices nisha and priya.[​IMG]Thanks for that moral support.[​IMG]
    Any boby has experience in traveling without a I797 form.?
    I traveled once without I797 form and was not asked any questions. My friend too had that same experience. But dont know how my luck will work out this time [​IMG]

6. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Dear Sister Sangita,
    One good thing at your end is that you had your H4 Visa stamped.
    The down side is that...
    You need to have the I-797 copy of your spouse's current valid H1 visa and his current employment letter along with your stamped H4 visa in your current passport(please note that your current valid passport MUST BE VALID for the next 6 months at least.
    Also note that the above two documents( I-797 and employment letters) are optional papers, but in general at POE(Port of Entry) 98% they will ask for I-797 and around 80% they may ask for the employment letter). If you are able to be in-touch with your spouse's employer in USA, if that employer is willing to help you, they could give you a copy of your spouse's H1B approval notice(I-797).
    Without I-797 copy, I would recommend you to not to travel to USA, you may find issues at POE.
    Good luck.