I have a dream, but who will help me?

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by AnjaliD, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Its very flickery. People have this mindset that even though you sell it in USA, the price should be as if you are purchasing in India. Else they think, why should I buy from you if I can get the same from the Indian Stores here.

I have few of my friends who are in this business. You need to be physically be present. So to every show in temples or any restuarants arranged by some indian community and have your stall.

Kurthis shud be $5-$15 not more than that. Even if its awesome :)

Let me know if you need more details :)

Hey guys, please take a day off and try to check out the local indian stores . The reason being nowadays if you purchase a blouse piece or saree, at a discounted rate, they do the stitching too. Also analyse the market rate. If its a home run business, customers expect to have a lower rate :)

Nand

2. rajanimavi

rajanimavi New IL'ite

Hi

Im also interested in learning saree blouse stitching and not only that, even other baby clothes, salwar, kurta etc. For this i know i should take up a proper tailoring course, but for now i can't attend classes as I've got a 1 1/2 yr old naughty daughter, i can't leave her with anyone. I wish I could learn it online. I've seen links related to this but not sure if it is a trustworthy paid site. If somebody could suggest websites for learning online tailoring, I would be really grateful to u. Like so many others even I have a dream of starting a tailoring unit, but I don't know where to start.. Please help!

Thanks
    Rajani

3. AnjaliD

AnjaliD Senior IL'ite

Ah! Wish there was a good site that offered good stitching lessons.
    I tried looking for one abt 3-4 months back but never found one. I wanted to stitch chudidaar for my daughter.

Actually, this could be a good business opportunity for someone who knows stitching very well.

Start a GOOD, paid site that offers lessons to teach sari blouse, Kurtis, etc.

4. rajanimavi

rajanimavi New IL'ite

Hi

Thanks for the reply Anjali... I saw a website which teaches the very basic in sewing like apron, broomstick skirt etc.,.... not particularly Indian clothes.. but these can help to start off, atleast the basics. Most of them should be knowing about.com

Thanks,
    Rajani

5. rajanimavi

rajanimavi New IL'ite

Hi

:) Thanks for replying Anjali. I saw a site which teaches small basic sewing projects, for free... But to learn advanced sewing we will have to pay. It doesn't teach Indian clothes but general ones like apron, broomstick skirt etc. This is a well known site.. if you are interested how can I let u know?

Thanks,
    Rajani

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  6. AnjaliD

AnjaliD Senior IL'ite

Hi Rajani,
    Just send me a private message :)
    Anjali

7. mjsaroj

mjsaroj Senior IL'ite

hi
    You are 100% correct now with the help of net we can get solutions

8. cynthiarodrigs

cynthiarodrigs New IL'ite

Hi have a dream to start a home based business in making murukus and selling. Am living in Newcastle, NSW, Australia. Please give me advice.
    Thank you.
    Cyn

9. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Dear friends
    Suppose I send oil for lamp with herbals that will cure your diseases and bring you happiness, that will cool your mind, will you market them?

Here I means not me, The Herbal oil is invented by my Husband and the products are manufactured by a pharmaceutical company in Chennai, they wish to export this to U.S.

Please advice

10. vs.jyotsna

vs.jyotsna New IL'ite

Roopa,

I am interested in Kurtis and Costume Jewelry. What is the price range? Give me more details about the items you can supply.

Regards,

Jyotsna