I have a dream, but who will help me?

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by AnjaliD, Jan 6, 2008.

1. AnjaliD

AnjaliD Senior IL'ite

I have met a lot of women who want to start something, have their own business, .

But for lot of them, it just remains a dream. A dream that never goes away and lingers for a long time. That makes them feel sad and depressed. And they decide to just ignore the dream and move on.

I would like to say to all those women - don't give up and dream big. Having a dream is where it all begins.

You will find friends, relatives who will support you if you are determined enough to pursue your dream. And sites like Indus Ladies are great places to get help. You will find ladies here who have gone through the problems that you are facing now. Sometimes you struggle with the "Why me? " syndrome. But you need to realize that hundreds before you have faced the same problem and have overcome it.

So, I would like to ask you all to take advantage of forums like this. Ask questions, discuss your plans and you will find a way to achieve your goal.

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I agree that many people have dreams, but no body would come to you to fulfil your dream.
    It is you who has to work for it and achieve for it.
    When we could do so many things why not your own dreams....

~Punitha

3. Jehana

Jehana New IL'ite

hi i was just wondering maybe if we could start a business related to sari blouse stitching. I live in the Usa and there is absolutely nowhere here to stitch your sari, and its heavily populated with indians. SO was wondering about a small business like that.

-jehana

4. AnjaliD

AnjaliD Senior IL'ite

Just want to make it clear. you are talking abt stitching sari blouse, right?
    Let us know.

5. kalsun

kalsun New IL'ite

Great idea - i was also wondering about it - actually got myself a sewing machine too... but never took off..

6. beenageo

beenageo New IL'ite

Dear Anjali,

I saw a mail requesting help for stitching a sari blouse. I am so sorry that I also do not know it but really want to learn it. You know, i have even bought a blouse piece to learn stitching. But how? I don't know. Let us wait. Somebody will help us.

7. subbi

subbi New IL'ite

Hai anjali
    I have good experiance in desighining sarees. i know lot of weavers in kanchipuram. i give the colour combinations.and i can give guarantee for jari and colour. last time I sold all my sarees in usa at kannada sangha meet.I would like to know .usa market. any suggestions?
    subbi:idea

8. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

If anyone is interested in doing clothing business...we can supply designer sarees.

We can also supply kurtis, artificial jewellery etc.

Let me know if you need any help.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

9. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

hey jehana,
    your idea is great....even i had this idea but wasnt sure of doing it alone.....i have a machine......maybe we could do something together....if interested PM me.i live in santa clara....kalsun i saw that you live in texas.....so am wondering how we can work together....if any ides pls PM me.....anyone else interested in starting saree blouse stitching business pls PM me& we can start something together.
    vidhya.

10. ashukrishna

ashukrishna Bronze IL'ite

hi roopa... i'm 4m chennai. and i'm interested in doin tht business. pls pm me. awaiting for ur reply