1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Had a Miraculous Escape On the Diwali Day – But From What?

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    really, we all thank God for your escape. If something had happend to that boy, we would feel bad though it is not our mistake.
    When my hubby insisted that I learn driving when we had our second hand Fiat, I relented. He taught me and one day asked me to drive on the road. I refused but he would not listen. So there I was on the road. Then suddenly, I saw that a lorry was parked on the left and I could not find the brake and went into it, bang. The front glass panel was in pieces. Hubby was in a shock ! Luckily nobody was injured. I then decided not to learn from him.
    Only after this incident, I got a scooter. While going to bakery class in Mylapore, I was waiting in the Anna Nagar Rountana. When the green light came on, I went on to turn right. There I fell off the scooter-the back mud gaurd had dislocated and got stuck in the back wheel. The scooter could not even be moved manually. There too, it was luck that all the vehicles were coming slow . Had this happened when I was riding in good speed and some huge vehicle was coming behind me...I am not afraid to die anytime.
    I always think that I am riding for the first time when I go out for long drives in my scooter alone.And I never get angry at people who overtake unscruplously, sound horn unnecessarily and who even shout at me for no fault of mine. I just relax and go my way.
    But about my husband's temper- well, I cannot write because the moderators will delete my post.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo,
    I almost shivered reading about the accidents you had. Thank God you are safe and no one was hurt.
    Actually husbands are the worst persons to teach driving. Just ask Indhu. I have shouted her so much that any other woman in her place would have simply divorced me on that day itself.
    In general women are less subject to road rage than women. I think it has to do with the genes.
    Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    love,
    sridhar