1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I dont need valentine's gift........

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kavitha nair 1, Jan 29, 2009.

1. kavitha nair 1

kavitha nair 1 New IL'ite

Each valentines day during my college & university days i would envy my friends with partners.as they would receive gifts & cards i would pretend its not a big deal knowing deep in my it is.Not that i was desperate for a relation.Infact i was scared to have any commitment that had any chance of not culminating in marraige.And all the meeeting him at canteen,long walks,lies at home didnt appeal me at all.I was not a romantic type in short.

My friends would predict that my husband will be a highly romantic man who will take me for candle light dinner,long drives,romantic walks,look me in eyes & say I LOVE YOU etc.I looked forward to it.

We saw each other for the first time in person on our wedding day.eventhou We had one long year of" engagement" before our marraige we had never met As he had joined a new job & him to take leave for engagemnt or to meet me would been difficult.He asked me is it neccessary for us to meet in person.I said no_Only you should be taller than me,thats it.

During the intial days of our "engagement" he would call me.But as i wasnt very keen to talk,come on i would have been the same with any boy,his calls decreased.I was ok with it.afterall what to talk? Now he says the only word from my side that would make him happy was....Ok bye.Ours was the most economical courtship,few calls,no sms,no chatting.

On our DDay.when he saw me fiddling uncomfortably with my saree the first thought that struck him was " oh god now what should i do with all the sarees i have bought for her.waste of money" so much for romance.

And My thoughts? well" what the hell should i do with all the saris amma has packed for me"

To my utter relief he was & still is taller than me.Our photo sesion was a disaster.I looked like a sack with flowers he said right there in front of photographers.But i laughed out.I really liked the way he described me so aptly.

Our friendship clicked.He would say things funny & i would laugh.he made me laugh as i have never laughed in my whole life put together.He wanted & still wants only one favor from me.KEEP SMILING he says.just be with me with a smile & i can overcome anything.

He doent treat me as a woman,infact his opinion is that he feels he has married a boy in a girls body.

He has never taken me for any romantic dinners,but each single day when i was sick he would not just cook but also feed me.

He has never bought expensive gifts for me,but has patted me to sleep every single night.

He has never taken me for any long drives,but he has never let me be away from his sight when we step out of the house,either.His eyes would check me out in the crowd every few sec as a mother checking on her baby.

He has never called me my darling,my love But he calls me his best friend.

But he knows & is proud of the fact that i am an independent woman so has never put any restrictions,of course i wouldnt have accepted any,.You are free as a bird as far as i am concerned,he says.

He makes me lugg around his cumbersome camera kit to all possible wild places for the perfect shot,but he cherishes photos taken of imperfection personfied me.

If i ask him to buy me a sandwhich he will say no,but if i am buying he will take two.Why not you are earning so why cant you buy he argues.

And his looking into my eyes intently ,well never done that so no idea........But yes he shares all his dreams & wishes with me no matter how inane they are.

With all the
    happiness,cries,arguments,care ,friendship & even thou he feels odd to admit it but the LOVE that he provides to me each single day why do i need valentine's gift?

2. S Priya

S Priya Senior IL'ite

Hi Kavitha,

You have written very nicely, and u r right all a person needs is care, love, time for each other which brings happiness, understanding and joy to ones relationship, and not expensive things they r show piece. I feel u two are just made for each other. I really adore the relationship u both have.And what happens to the sarees!!!! (dont tell me they are setting dust on them).

Priya

3. kavitha nair 1

kavitha nair 1 New IL'ite

Thank you,priya.
    Ya the sarees are praying to god for Moksh from my MIL's cupboard.

Kavitha

4. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New IL'ite

hi Kavitha,

I should say you are a good writer, :coffee your write up is heart touching. Keep it up, And of course, with all the unsaid love your husband is pouring on you, you dont really need a valentines gift!!!

5. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear kavitha

You are writing So nicely .......Please keep writing.....

You both are really MADE FOR EACH OTHER !!!!!!!

All your blogs are very very very interesting....and you have made me read your blog the first. You know something....i showed your pluto dialogues to my husband yday night and i was so happy to see him laugh heartily.....after a tiring day.

Now i think i will have to show him all your blogs bcos they are equally excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye kavi...

-sunitha

6. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Wow Kavitha, How true...
    Not all time one can appraise those little (seemingly little but rather the biggest) pleasures we are gifted with. Good that you are able to. Kudos ! Adv valentines day wishes :)

Love,
    Amy

7. Dolly_Lite

Dolly_Lite Bronze IL'ite

Very beautiful and heartouching.You have put in splendidly what it takes to live fruitfully.

8. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kavitha,
    Adipoli! Loved all your blogs,especially the pluto one.You are so very true these simple things make our life worthy with our partner.

ammu

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Kavitha
    You have written so well dear. I felt like I was reading my life story. I totally agree with you we have what matters more. Thanks for writing and sharing:)

10. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kavi

What a writing. SO u understood his inner love. NO overacting is reqd in saying love. True love comes from the heart. It does not need any valuable presents to show off.

I whole heartedly wish u - the romantic couples. Happy Valentines day.

Andal