1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I dont like these habits of my husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by CharuKaur, Dec 12, 2007.

1. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

Re: I dont like thise habit of my husband

hi friends,

hahahaha !!!!!!! my husband is Mr.Clean, Mr.Perfect this is how i address him.

i thought it happens only in our house but it happens everywhere.
    veettukku veedu vaasapadi!!!!!!!!!

men can understand only men.
    women only can understand women.

till my husband comes home our hall will be like a bachelor's room, newpapers kept here and there books everywhere ,etc.,....... except my kitchen its neat and clean.
    the time we hear his footsteps our house changes into :shhh: ............ a guest room where everything looks neat and tidy.
    after 14 years of marriage, i have changed 50% but still a long way to go .

bye friends,​

2. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Dear Tweety

i dont have any reason to disagree with you.
    The whole idea behind initiating this thread was to add a pinch of humor and make it a little light weighed thing than taking it too dear to the heart!

Have a nice day!
    Charu..

3. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Wow Aruna

M really impressed :hatsoff
    But m sure, ur monday mornings would mean a hell lot of cleaning up!
    I remember my husband telling me that i am just as freaky abt cleaning as his mother :confused2:and so i also opt the strategy as urs - somewhat different though. That is, let him take care of the cleaning over weekends while i manage stuff during the weekdays.This way he also gets a hint as to how much time i have to spend daily setting things right :whistle

Thanks for writing in.
    Charu..

4. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Hi there
    i completely understand your words dear. My mom hasnt been able to change a teeny-tiny bit of my dad since the last 25-26 yrs shakehead

Anyways, thanks for your kind words and good luck with everything

:cheers
    Charu..

5. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Great to hear abt you and ur husband padmavathi. You seem to be a few of the previleged ladies amongst us :)
    Your description reminds me of a very funny scene in the famous SRK movie - DIlwale Dulhaniya Le Jaenge... where the mother and daughters change from rowdy, dancing babes to simple, sushil, gharelu ladies of the house at the entry of their father Amrish Puri:rotfl

Appreciate your spirit for further improvising..
    And could you please translate 'veettukku veedu vaasapadi'

Cheers
    Charu..

6. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Re: I dont like these habit of my husband

I have read this thread few times. I must say , some have really added nice humourous snippets in it. They are so true and so human.

However if I scratch my head, I dont have any habiit I dont like in my husband. I think part reason of this is, I catgorize his habbit in two categories..

1. Things for me to work on :queen
    2. Things for me to accept as is. :coffee

That has worked for me in past 3 years seemlessly. I respect the adage "You cannot change an adult person", But i think in my expeirence, "you cannot change but you can train them for 80% things" and rest 20% you have to train yourself to accept.

Like few examples here, I faced them in first year of marriage

- Tearing chips packs from vertically down - I have wisely kept a medium size scissor just in front of kitchen slab. Anytime i saw my husband ripping anything. I jumped with scissors, And after 15 times of jumping He has got it ingrained in him ..:cheers

Now whenever I try to do a short cut by ripping a package. He jumps to give me scissors. You see, "Training works reverse way too"

- Throwing shoes here and there in house. I kept a shoe rack next to main door. Whenever my husband and I came in together. I made a point to show him how to keep shoes promptly inside. after 10-15 times, he got too bugged to hear it all. And he started doing it. He does it 90% of the times now and rest 10% I have learnt to ignore.

- Other usual stuff, he would continuously forget car keys and other keys. I have got a very flashy key bowl and kept it in centre place in hall. Now he rushes to keep the keys in it. And when I miss to keep, I have to listen the lecture "how important it is to keep the keys in place bonk Revesre traning.. Whatever goes comes back..:queen

However It has helped me a lot.. Women are creative thinker, Think through what will work with your man. And work it through

Cheers
    Ria

7. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Re: I dont like these habit of my husband

Hi Ria

i somewhat identify with you in strategising to make the men in our lives to learn some good culture and accepting the fact that it is difficult to unlearn a few things too!
    In fact, if we have someone invited for dinner or something and that friend does anything "wrong" - my husband undrstands it all the more better! He even says that he is now able to relate to and understand why his mom/dad behaved so particular about a few things.I just wish things stay improving.

Really appreciate your way of writing :hatsoff

Nice day!
    Charu..

8. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Nice thread Charu.

We both don't keep the place really clean n always there will b clothes hanging but my contribution will be 25% but his contribution is 75% so
    HE COMPLETES ME :biggrin2:.

I have to go (baby crying)

Bye
    -DSrini

9. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Nice thread Charu. I have been following this thread and have been enjoying reading everyone’s responses. Have had a few good laughs too.

Nice approach Ria. Sounds like a wining strategy.

There are a few areas where me and hubby are different. I am very organized, he is absolutely not. I love the house to be clean, he does not mind a semi-clean to a slightly messy one. I like to get things done as soon as I know about them, he likes to procrastinate a little bit. I keep things in their right place, he does not and does not even remember where he kept them!

I have managed to circumvent/deal/adjust/accept/change most of these habits.

But, the one habit that still nags me is his lack of punctuality. Inspite of training myself hard and long, I still sometimes get irritated when he is late. Although I really don’t take it to heart anymore because I EXPECT him to be late!! J

I realized long ago that it is an inherent trait in him that I cannot change. He has always been like that. He is always running late and is always hurried. I am quite the opposite. I hate being late and I absolutely hate making someone wait for me.

I must admit that the one silver lining on this front though is that after 10 years he has started seeing that my habit is better than his!! J So I guess may be in another 10 + years I can expect some positive changes in him in this area!

Until then I will enjoy the status of being the better one in this area! J

SS

10. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh
    Your post simply cracked me up Dsrini.
    M sure, once your baby is capable of contributing, it would exceed the complete 100% of you and your husband.

Keep enjoying!!!
    Cheers
    Charu..