I don't like the new forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by aamrapali, Nov 19, 2013.

1. mickeygirl

mickeygirl Silver IL'ite

I like the Older version much better...When every I go to IL link it asks me to login...when i click the login button it opens a new window which i cant even view properly...I won't be able to maximize the window also...Initially i clicked on forget password button and it automatically logged me in with my userid....Not sure if this is the problem with me alone...

Also I feel the Older version is much better.
    -I used to be very easy to access all the articles very quickly..In newer version, I don't exactly know how do i go to articles??
    -Also, to check you the new posts there used to be an link at username in older version which is very useful and easily accessible. I feel we got used to that very much and feel a very quick difference.

Hope you consider this as a feedback for improvement.

Thanks!

2. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

I tried explaining in all different ways I could

• Plain English - slow is not equal to jumble
    • Technical English - misaligned/malformed page !=download time
    • Exasperated English - (mistakes/solecisms in my post) impute is followed by 'to' not 'from', cheekily is adverb and mumpsimus is noun, boo at my usage of (adv) + (noun), showing my exasperation.
    But you simply refused to believe that non-existent ad-blocker on my Windows 7, Windows XP (different machines), sea monkey , IE (different browsers) were responsible for rendering overlapping page when I had only ad-blocker on my Windows 8 (Chrome); urging me to uninstall my invisible software.

Simple logic that you are adherent of - say something in a language that vents your frustration and veils your amusement. :)

4 people like this.
  3. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites, Great input and feedback. Have been visiting this thread for the past few days. I will provide some context/actions to the feedback that have been specific.

4. Jey

Swathivande, My Stuff tab is for "your" stuff, that is personal to you. Whereas new posts is for new posts that happen across the community. That is why we didn't put new posts under my stuff. You can always find new posts under "New" in the forum menu.

5. Jey

Priya, yes, this is quite inconvenient. We are working to fix it.

6. Jey

Can you be a bit more specific fencesitter?

7. Jey

Hi TheAlchemist, Thanks for having this perspective. Indusladies is better today than it was 7 years ago mainly because of the input and help provided by a lot of members at that time.

1 person likes this.
  8. Jey

Luck22, JustAnotherMom, This is ongoing process of balancing between ads and user-experience. We haven't nailed it yet, but we are testing and figuring this one out.

9. Jey

Hi Uttaraa,
    In the earlier design, we had a drop down from the "forums" menu item. From there you can get straight into the specific sub-forum. In the new design you don't have that.

We thought about that and for now decided not to offer that drop down for forums. If we did that, then there will be two options for each topic. The main navigation link and the one in the forums drop-down. For example, parenting would appear in both at the top and also as a drop down in the forums menu. Each taking to 2 different places. We thought that would be confusing.

10. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

While it is easy to look up a word, it is difficult to google a sentence to know it's meaning.

I am mentioning about one 'sokanasanah'.

And as for the new forum, i completely feel at home, thanks to my firefox extensions.

1 person likes this.