1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I don’t cry,am I a hard hearted peson?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, May 11, 2010.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Malliga,
    Thank you for reassuring me that people who don't cy are not hard hearted.

for some tear can be a sign of weakness, and they never show it outside, they fell it shows helplessness, and not reacting to the problem in a practical, and positive way

I love what you have written.My father dies all of a sudden,and I was eight years old at that time.The entire village where he was born and brought up cried.When his body was taken t the burial ground,I was taken with others,men.Nomally women folk don't go there.The entire village came out,they saw me and sympathised,"poor thing.God has been cruel to her."But I never showed anythingon my face.I resolved that in future nobody should sympathise with me.
    love
    mythili

2. mithila kannan

My dear viji,
    I feel very proud when I see the words below your name that you belong to the Hall of fame and that you have posted so many blogs.Dear twin,you have tremendous focus.You wanted to achieve something and you have done that with single minded devotion.I love that.

So,you also don't cry.so we both belong to the 'however I try,I don't cry' club.My blessings to your grand daughters.
    love
    mithila

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  3. mithila kannan

My dear Geeta Bhaskr,
    I too agree with you that may be crying releases the pain that is bottled up inside you and you feel better after crying for some time.But I just can't.As you have said,my energy is for facing the problems and tackling it,crying does not help you solve the problem.
    love
    mithila

4. mithila kannan

My dear Radhika,
    Iam happy to note that you also belong to the 'I don't cry' club.When my elder daughter got married and left for her MIL's house,I just did not cry.I was happy that she got marRied to one of the finest persons I have come across in my life and I was sure that her in laws were going to trAat her as their own daughter.
    love
    mithila

5. mithila kannan

My dear knot2share,
    I fel tas if I saw myself in you when I read your reply.
    In the time of crisis (if I can use this word loosely), people like us can step forward to handle everything or atleast be a good pillar of support when needed. Getting carried away by emotions sometimes does not help. It is good to be tough

I can not but agree with you.
    love
    mithils

6. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithila mam,

I agree with you that if a person doesnt cry at the drop of a hat it doesnt mean that she dose'nt have a heart.
    I used to be like this. The movie incident that you mentioned has happened with me and my Mom too.
    But for past few months after loosing my father things changed. Now i cry quite often when i am alone. There is not any reason for this but some how after every 2-3 days i feel very heavy at heart and cry.
    I feel its coz of my fathers sudden demise 8 months ago. and i cant share my sadness with my mother coz it will give her more pain. I cant share my sadness with my DH coz when he comes back home after working for 12-13 hours i dont feel i should bother him with my sadness. So to get rid of this pain i cry when i am alone and become normal when my DH comes home.

7. mithila kannan

My dear usha,
    You had written to me about your mother,who inspite of the many illnesses that bothered her ,was such a courageous lady.Her picture that yu painted in your fb to me ,holding a walking stick and visiting her patients in the ward, is etched in my mind.I have great admiration for the women folk in your family.They are great!When we talk about these pillars of strength,we should not talk about crying,not in the same breath.No that does not gel.
    love
    mithila

8. mithila kannan

My dear janani,
    When you call me 'myla' Iam taken back to my days before my marirage.My mother and my brothers used to call me by that name.Thank you for bringing to me the fragrance of my younger days every time you write to me.

Dear janani,,different people react to different situations in different ways.That does not mean that one way of reacting to a situation is good and the other is bad,
    You are a soft,gentle person.It is nice to be like that.
    love
    mitila

9. mithila kannan

Deepa,
    my dear dear child,I was touched by your mail.I can understand your feelings.Daughtes are more attached to their father and how painful it must be for you to lose him like that.But that is life,Deepa.

You come across as a caring loving daughter to your mother and a wonderful wife to your DH.Just try and relax.Take care of yur mother and remember that your father would cherish you for that.
    love
    mithila

10. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithila Mam,

Thanks for your comforting words and a quick reply. I am feeling very relaxed after sharing my feelings with you.

Deepa