I Can't understand, Why is it so - many viewers and less replies for the threads?

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by malspie, Aug 31, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Oh My Dear Kamla,

Feedbacks encourage members to contribute more and more! It does not happen quiet often here! Members excuse themselves saying they are not good in writing so they prefer only to read! Good post, nice to read etc are one liners which can lift a contributors spirit!

Many of them are disappointed with the responses, as usual, Mals is the one who speaks through open threads rather than share through Private Message!

2. kaverivenkat

kaverivenkat Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malspie,

I fully agree with you. Feed backs only will encourage the new comers
    like me.

kaverivenkat

3. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Most of the times if the thread is relevant to me I post my response even if it is a sentence or two to appreciate the person who took time off to contribute to IL and any input from my end.

Whereas there are few forums which are absolutely clueless to me though I read the posts occasionally I don't respond coz I don't see any reason in posting 'I read it but dont know the answer'.Some of the regional posts are very specific to the region and can't be of any assistance.I reckon there could be few ILs like me who feel the same.

Apart from the above said ones I try my best to participate in polls and general discussions including this one :)

-Sabitha

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Oh My Dear Sabitha,

You are doing a good job by giving feedbacks on topics which interest you.

I also make it a point to post a feedback for all the threads I read.

It encourages the writer to contribute effort, writing is not everyone's cuppa! Don't we all agree to this.

5. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:hatsoff dear mals,

Really I dont know How I missed this thread.bonkActually I am also thinking the same. and afraid of opening a thread for this. :hide: you opened this very long back and it is going as 'good thread' :hiya.

I too wonder about that, you can see in my case also. I am getting many silent readers for my threads and also to my sub forum. But less replies.:idontgetit:

One recent issue, Now a days I am seeing many posts in other threads (?) that they are following "kitchuppa's diet" ( which is introduced by me) and reduced so many pounds or kilos. it is a very happy news rto me. but they dont want to give a reply or share this good news with me in my own thread, from where they got the idea of dieting. is it not pity? :shock:

They are silent readers of my thread, it is ok. but when they are getting some benefit out of that particular thread, why dont they give a reply in that thread. Instead they are posting about there (?) success in other threads. I am not saying that they should not tell about their success in any other thread, but they can also share their happy with us na?

so that many others ( same other silent readers) will get motivated and they also will start na? these silent readers are reading all our inputs and getting benefit out of that. but dont want to share their thoughts, if they share, many others will get many other points na?

I dont know why they are doing like this? when they have time to read others posts, cant they post 2 lines about their view. so that we will get some encouragement out of that or if something wrong means, we can correct ourselves. is it not?

Because for recipes and all, many people will try only they see some good feed back. I am sure of the result because without trying any dish I will not give as a recipe here. so I am confident. but when I am putting the recipe in a open forum, naturally I will expect some.. feed backs no?

even after all these I am putting my effort here, thinking that these recipes and my experience will help at lest some persons who are in need. that is all I can say.:)

:coffee for your reply dear.

6. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I have also thought the same.But I console myself when I see the no of viewers,atleast so many of them have atleast read even if they have not replied.Sometimes I tell myself that maybe I should present it in a more interesting manner and I keep trying.I am I will win one day.............

7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,

Oh no ..please do not think that there are no replies because your post is not interesting.A simple gesture to acknowledge the post if not to appreciate the post is not a big thing to ask for.Most of the readers probably feel that their ack/app may not make a difference to the writer but little do they realize that every tiny bit of encouragement is very valuable to the person who has posted.

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita
    Thanks a lot for your warm reply.I really appreciate it.I am a person who is over whelmed even by the smallest response.Thank you once again for your nice reply.

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Krishnaamma,

It is not fair of any member who learns a recipe from your post and not return to say a "Thankyou" or just a one lines message like "I did try out that recipe.." .

How rude and selfish can people be!

To write a feedback of a line or two, we need have masters in english literature! Am I not saying the truth!

I have always been saying a contributor to the site is not hungry of fame, but is hungry to know the view of the readers!

I have many stories to tell, the theme of the stories may shock I'Lites here as they may jump out of their skin!

No, I have stopped myself from such labour and am contributing on subjects which has more social values and updates like bollywood, Mumbai Express, Mumbai Serial Blasts and some fun polls!

Forget it, Krishnaamma, go ahead and do your job, God is reading all your posts and he is happy to see that his child is proving her worth on this earth.

Finally, we need to show your project report to him!

Bye dearie.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kanaka,

Keep contributing, you will have few fans like me giving their feedbacks for sure.