I Can't understand, Why is it so - many viewers and less replies for the threads?

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by malspie, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Uma
    I agree with your statement.. Try saying a line or word
    trust me it makes a difference..

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Uma,

You have understood the reason for putting up the thread. A one liner is more than enough, nobody is testing your writing skills here! It is a community thread where everyone is welcome to participate.

Thanks dear for the FB.

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi AC,

You as a member always give your FB which has been encouraging for many newcomers. You are and will always remain a darling!

Thanks sweety for stepping in once again.

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Hey People ,

I used to always wonder this.. But never knew where to post this thread .. Actually I never checked in this forum till now.. bonk.. I have some corners I usually browse thorough and it was just about it !! I used to never reply all te posts I viewed for so many reasons.. sometimes I wouldnt have any answer running in my mind, there would be someone else who had answered it the way I wanted to, or I would think I am going to be too sharp in my answer to that question !! But now I realise quite a few things.. Just as Mals and Mrs Chitra said.. even if someone has answered the way you wanted to.. its no harm in backing it.. who knows maybe it gets more easier for the person to get affirmative with similar answers/ suggestions !! I did not realise this till now.. bonkAlso if you have to be sharp sometimes with your replies one could because you never think twice when you suggesting your dear ones ! Similarly when a lady comes out to a forum and tells her distress you just need to be talking the point straight to her respite the fact wether you show your disagreement ! After all we do it to our siblings too.. so why stop yourself here as far as nothing abusive is used !! Am sure about my temper atleast!! bonk
    Thank you Mals, for having made this realise to me !! :idea

I guess am hitting myself too much and my head really hurts now !! :biggrin2:

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

I can see with bumps on your head, please stop hitting yourself. Your feedback will be a reminder for many who do not have a reply for the threads!

6. rekhad

rekhad New IL'ite

Hi Mals

I like your writing and blog. Most of the time I am a silent reader becoz I feel i am not wise enough or old enough to take part in the discussions. So I refrain to just reading.:hide: Maybe its time I came out of hiding and voice my opinions. Thanks for your encouragement :wave

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rekha,

We are all smaller and not wiser to people elder to us, but it should not refrain us from posting our opinion and views! Interacting with fellow members give us satsifaction of reading the post and also gives pleasure to the writer. It takes lots of efforts to write, don't you agree.

8. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals..

I joined IL to get some replies from experiences mom's ... i got some good replies too...

so when ever i login those days i just endup reading everything and did'nt:hide: bother to reply to the thread unless i raised... then i felt bad & realized coz one day when i raised a thread there was no reply but so many views. which made me to think. from then i made a point to reply to the post what i read. whatever it is even a small note what i felt i used to post it.

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vahee,

It is important to reply to threads we read! A small note is fine enough. I totally agree with dear.

10. Sulkypetal

Sulkypetal New IL'ite

Hey Malspie (longish post, and I need some info plz also, plsz bear with me, latter part of this post not exactly this thread, but couldn't figure how to get in touch with you..)
    I totally agree with that... and glad you brought it up. It feels a little bit of a cool reception to those who post. (as in icy cool, not cool like wow!)
    "Of course" I keep telling myself, "people are busy, may not have the right answer for a question, don't really see the need to respond", etc. And those who reply, thank you all, that's great. I have to respond to a few people...But am not talking abt me, I read some post waxing enthusiastic about soemthing and no response...will take a page out of your book..
    I wonder however, if for some, it's a question of, OK, like what is the right etiquette, here, when do we fnally wave off, do I have to keep wriitng to this person if she responds, etc, etc. What do you say after you say hello, nerves... Even a few words are great, :Thanks for sharing, Nice Read, Good for you" would be great; this is not for me, in general. I really like how much you talk in here, great, good for you, keep it up!
    Nice Ganesha drawings btw...
    Re a previous post, tailoring work at home. You had talked to a Rajni and I am interested in getting some dresses stitched.
    I paste below what I had written in repsonse a couple of times, you may not have seen it because it was an older thread and not to you directly:

"Hi Malspie

had written to Rajni re soem tailoring, following your threads. I would apprecaite any help you can give me here; I sincerely apologize in advance if I am making a pest of myself, by contacting the wrong person/moderator etc.

I quote from my post the relevant parts where I need help: This I had written to Rajni some days back, no response.

Qoute: Many thnaks to Malspie for following up; this is an older thread, but by reading her replies back and forth and others was able to figure out where you lived, coz that was the first question on my mind!

I don't know that I should leave my cell number here and cannot pm you as I am a new member so please reply and I will ask Malspie to help further.
    Thank you! -Maggie End Quote

Thanks dear! Look forward to seeing more posts by Mumbai women;here I read a lot about Chennai and I am gettign so jealous, there's actually so much seems to be happening by way of arts/crafts, handicrafts in Chennai...and free classes too!
    Regards - Maggie
    (er..my real name is Maggie in case you are confused between Sulky and Maggie)
    THANK YOU!!!