I Can't understand, Why is it so - many viewers and less replies for the threads?

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by malspie, Aug 31, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Re: I Can't understand, Why is it so?

hi HappyWoman,

Wow, what a name to be identified with a woman with cheerful personality.. Great going...

The response to a thread lies completely in the hands of the viewer. Most of them like what they read but do not find it necessary to write.. Writing is not the interest of many. It is very disappointing to see less replies with more views. Do keep interacting with people, that way you will have your own fan following.

Well, I do not write for a couple of people, I write for the mass and it reflects in my posts as many New I'Lites have walked in.

Do keep writing in and let us hope that many people learn to reply too.

2. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi mals,

I too agree that it is not always possible for evryone to reply to all the threads. Some of them genuinely will look for answers here in the forum and it will be a disappointment to them. Anyways, its great to be a part of this forum and shall continue to be in future.
    Cheers,

3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Malsy,:hiya

Very good thing you brought this matter up.

A number of members have given lack of time to reply.If they are among the viewing number then as you said just a short reply to say ...well written enjoyed it shouldn't take too long .If one is taking the time to log on and read any post then courtesy demands that you acknowledge the writers efforts.No one is demanding an eulogy of their writing talents etc., a simple comment will make the writers day ! If you have time to read thru' surely you can do this much.I'm talking only about those who view it and slip away silently.For those who don't log on or read there is no solutrion ofcourse.
    Ofcourse no one expects any one to read every line appearing here and post their FB's. We can chose the topics from the titles that interest us and concenterate on those .I think if anyone reads anything posted here a short FB is very much needed.After all the same argument about time applies for them too.They have taken the time and effort to posa so any reader viewing it should respond.What drew you to the post in the first place....obviously the title interrested you ...so it must have something to convey.This not like radio programs ....most of us listen while driving so it is not possible to repond.Anyway the radio programs get very good reponses as the audience is a huge ocean out there.Here too we are growing in a stupendous manner no doubt....but I would still like to maintain that if you have viewd someones post you should send a short FB.
    The whole idea of IL is to promote camaraderie amongst us.Those who write in and wish to interacr feel like cold water is being thrown on their enthusiasm !
    Sometimes it very diheartening to see the statistics.......replies 0-3 and views 50 - 80 !!! No wonder some of us give up .I always make it a point to send an FB if I have viewed any post.....plain good manners....its just like replying to anyones HI !or HELLO ! We all hate speaking to stone walls !!!
    My 2cents warm regards

PAULINA:wave

4. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mals,

I've been thinking of the same and you have started the thread at the right timeBow.

Even I used to wonder as to why less replies when there are so many views for a post. I try to reply whatever I view except for very few threads for which i dont post a reply cos that may not pertain to me or the place i live in. Only in those cases i don't post a reply.

Thanks Mals for the giving the opportunity to share my thoughts.

5. lakshmi1945

lakshmi1945 Silver IL'ite

Dear Malspie,

Only the other day my husband was telling the threads relating to Kitchen,Makeup. dresses,schools for children.prgnancy and in-law problems elicit lot of responses. A few of our ilites' have the fortune of quite high readership and feedback; their total posts and the content speak for their high viewing and response.
    Whenever we find time we should post. I try to post atleast one new thread or respond to one or two.
    I am satisfied with the number of viewings. less response does not mean your post is uninteresting. It takes more time to respond than to read or else they have less knoledge and information to share about what you are writing.
    Lakshmi

6. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Malspie,

Sorry as this thread came long time ago and I reply now b'coz I just entered this site last month and keep browsing one by one ... well, I can understand how it hurts when we don't receive any reply for our posts/threads ... As everyone say, there is lot in IL to come around in one day and replying for all is really impossible but I do try to give reply for each and everything I visit ... Please don't give up ... Regards, Suni ... :)

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Everyone Out there who have patiently replied here,

Whenver I read a thread or post, I definitely reply. It can be just a sentence or at times paragraphs too. But, I make it sure that the writer does know that I have read it. This thread is not started to boost my personal viewership. It has been seen in the posts of senior writers too. Only the viewership is high and the posts are not evern 5% of the viewership. Isn't that funny???

Thanks for writing in dearies.. Have a good stay in IL.

8. jaisapmm

jaisapmm Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,

Dont get disheartened.We do enjoy reading your threads as well as lot more of others.

But as others say its only time constraint that deters us from replying to each and every one.

Do not worry about others reply.

Our duty is Keep posting and Keep on postiong

Regards

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I understand and thanks for the encouragement.

10. Uma Jogi

Uma Jogi Senior IL'ite

yeah...
    this is true..bcoz some times after reading, wouldnt find words to express..or could be weak in expressing..!!
    silent readings would be done n njoyed..!!
    U r correct...our replies would be like some acknowledgements for the Thread..!! Try saying a Line or a word would be Good work..!!:thumbsup