I Can't understand, Why is it so - many viewers and less replies for the threads?

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by malspie, Aug 31, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Re: I Can't understand, Why is it so?

Chits,

You have your own list of threads to answer, Ask Chitvish, shlokas, Post your comments, and many more plus a moderator, its not so easy to ready the threads and modify them if required, to move them, its a JOB buddy. And to top it all trying new recipes, posting them, not to forget the photos. Your contribution to the site is the maximum. what more can I expect from you. You are exempted.....

2. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,

I read many of your post... As many others mentioned, lack of time may be the main reason for less responses in the threads... There are a large number of posts every day in many of the threads... It is not possible to read all the posts and answer them...

But as you said, there are so many views of the posts, but no replies at all... That is a little disheartening to the writers of those posts... I felt it myself many times :oops:.

Since I am working from home only, I am able to be online almost all the day.. Still I am not able to browse through all the threads in IL... Every day, when I browse IL, I am trying to go through a new forum... But everyone has their interests, right? So many times, I land up in my favorite forums like games, forward messages, Temples & deities etc. itself. I try to respond to most of the threads in them... But, to tell u the truth, that is not happening always... Something or the other comes in between...:-(

Again, as Veda mentioned, even I am always careful when I reply to the posts... It's not a matter of Seniors or elders... It's just that I am worried about how others will take my view.

And about the confidence part you were telling, everyone cannot have the same confidence level, right?? I write about what I am sure only... Except for forward messages... In that also, I select and post...

Anyway, you have come up with an important issue... Interaction is an essential part for IL to grow... I have asked one of my friends who is also a member of IL, to post something... She told me that she wish to be a silent viewer only...:notthatway: If everyone thinks like that, how can IL grow???

As you said, I shall try to respond to all the posts I view, at least in single lines...:wave

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Manju,

One liner is all that you have to punch in whichever thread you have read.
    Its a difficult task, but, since you have made up your mind, you will do it.
    Thanks for sharing your valuable views.:yes:

4. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mals,
    I Think You Posted This Thread Long Back.by Now You Should Have Got An Answer For That.if We Enjoy A Particular Post Really,then It Is A Basic Courtesy To Atleast Give A Small Word Of Reply To It.but We Can Know That The Particular Thread Is Liked By Most Of The Ilites By Seeing The Number Of Views.some May Have More Suggestions,opinions To The Same Which Can Be Seen By Their Feedbacks.but Still Some May Or May Not Have Enjoyed Still Out Of Our Laziness,time Constraint, May Fail To Reply.this Is According To My Point Of View.any Way I Liked Your Suggestion.it Is Good Taht You Brought All These Things To Notice.

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dearie Mals
    I totally agree with u
    I have a habit of replying to a post IF i read it. If the title is not of my interest I dont read at all. But if I read, I WILL REPLY. however short or long.

Yesterday I was looking at a new post about a birth announcement. I did not read it in the morning. then afternoon i saw the thread had views in the 20's but not a single reply. so i opened and congratualted the new mom and said something and left.
    I felt so depressed that all these people who viewed it did not even have the heart to say just 2 words..to the new mom..Most certainly the mom felt elated thats why she was sharing her feeling of joy..just 2 words ?? too much to ask??

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Bhargavi,

Thanks for peeping in to this sleeping post. A reply can change the face of the thread. A one liner is also fine.

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi AC,

I always reply to all the posts I read. I think we are very much alike. Even if the reply is just two words, but I surely do. Thanks my friend, you are my real sweetheart.

8. anukvs

anukvs Senior IL'ite

Hi everybody.. have been an IL'te for the past couple of months and regularly read most of the views.. but hardly pen any.

Reason is a mixed bag of all the thoughts... lackof time, others perception and everthing else that was discussed.

However, i guess going forward i need to make a conscious effort to atleast make a few responses if not start a new thread.

Thanks for making me think in those lines.

(I browse when am in office.. and have a few minutes to squeeze... expert excuse for not writing)

Having gone through this site, have infact encouraged a couple of my friends in Chennai to subscribe and they are actively involved.

9. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Atleast one reply to one thread

Hi all,

Dont you think there should be atleast one post/reply to one thread or else the interest is lost.

For zero replies with 100plus views, does the thread starter has to feel happy that it is viewed by many members but answered by none.

Can the moderators step in and do something about this.

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Having gone through this site, have infact encouraged a couple of my friends in Chennai to subscribe and they are actively involved.[/quote]

Hi Anu,

Thanks for writing in. It is always encouraging to pen in replies. Without writing how am I to know you. If your friends from Chennai have subscribed through you, ask them to write your name in the referral field. Also you can mention to Induslady about the number of people who have come through you. it will be added to your referral list.