I Can't understand, Why is it so - many viewers and less replies for the threads?

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by malspie, Aug 31, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I can’t understand, Why is it so?
    Dear I’Lites,

My stay with IL is nearing two months now. I have noticed a particular pattern of behavior in most of the IL members.

Every thread has more viewers than replies. 1000 viewers 100 replies, 11,575 viewers 1200 replies, 100 viewers no reply… :idontgetit:

I am sure most of you must be finding the threads interesting, informative, playable, jovial, but still it fails to attract interaction. :idontgetit:

We as members are suppose to interact and make the thread livelier. Often, it is noticed that a small note of appreciation is sent through PM, whilst on the thread there is no reply. :idontgetit:

What holds the members from replying to the threads and posts? What holds the members from interacting freely with other members in the site? :idontgetit: Why is it that there is less number of replies compared to the number of viewer ship? Are you feeling you are still an alien to the site? :-(

I write very simple English language its coz I feel there are members from all backgrounds who should be able to understand what I write. I am not here to show my strength of vocabulary. I am here to reach the mass. There are other members too who write in simple language so that you can understand.

For all the North Indian Viewers, if you feel few Tamil words are penned in the threads and you are pulling your hair, feel free to write and ask, “what does it mean”. Ask, you get your answer. Silence is not the solution.
    Common friends, Abraham Lincoln has abolished slavery long back, then why live like slaves.

Your views are important to people who write threads. :tongue Open interactions does not lead to misunderstandings. Threads are not prejudiced. Don’t know how to interact then read on, post briefly to communicate your views:
    • My view is different… write a line or two about how you feel.
    • Hey, let’s see it from a different point of view…
    We have Freedom of speech and Freedom of expression as democratic rights as far as we are following the quorum of the site we need not feel offensive to communicate in the right manner.
    Your presence as a member should be felt. :yes:
    There were so many members who interacted with me during my “short good bye”. They wrote to me saying they read my threads regularly. Like me, they must be following up with other threads too. Unless, you interact, you are a lost fish in this ocean.:mrgreen: You have to come out of the shell and interact, be active, take part in discussion, share your hobbies, nit pricks, jokes, anecdotes, start a thread, post your threads….

I am eagerly waiting to see new names on the threads, all that I see is Chitvish, Krishnaamma, Poonamjoshi9266, nora, Nischel, Nivedi, Shanvy, malspie, TDU/ Goldie, Vysan, Varalotti, Sathya, Vivbaas, Rajjo, Tulasi, Chatkara_tasty, Sunkan. There are few who just germinate for a day or two and vanish.

Without asking the management of IL, I am raising this issue. I do not intend to hurt the sentiments of the management. IL is site with large number of members from all background. Then why only few participate. We need members to actively participate and share their views, whether you are from US,Gujarat, Maharsthra, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, UAE, Nepal,Bangladesh, Swiss, Geneva or from any other place on this earth it does not matter. We would like all of you to not just read and log out. Write back, tell us about your recipes too we are all eager to hear from you.

Arre!!! Main hoon na…. phir… chak de yaar. Chal aaj hi jo jaye…… :yes:

FRIENDS I AM SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF ALL THE WRITERS AS WELLL AS THE VIEWERS.... NOT FOR ME ONLY...............
    Love

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
    1 person likes this.

2. arch174

arch174 Senior IL'ite

Re: I Can't understand, Why is it so?

:bangcomp: to all of us...there are always some leaders & some followers...there is place for everybody..sumtimes role reversal:wink:

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals

I read most of the threads here but reply only to a few.That is because of want of time.Sometimes,I devote about an hour each day for IL but there are so many threads and posts that it is really impossible to read all and then reply too.Please don't take that to heart.Probably most others are also in the same situation:-D .

4. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Dear Mals,

I can understand how a writer feels when he/she has taken the effort to contribute in the forum & doesn't get many responses.

I feel (atleast that's how it is with me) it's due to the limited time one can manage to spend on the site. Often i see a post which i want to reply to, but something comes up or something else needs my attention that i log out & then forget to get back to that post later on, with so much traffic in the posts these days.

So....pls keep contributing, don't get disheartened with few responses.

Cheers!
    Ragini.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi Mals

Nice to see u coming back witha Big Bang Bang....

You have to understand something, it is not people dont want to write or afraid of writing... It is the fear of how the people to whom we write our views will take it.... If they take it in the right spirit it is fine.... There are Very Elders, great authors...... So, I think twice before I write. I have my own set of view points. Just because I also part of the family I cannot write whatever I feel.

Whenever I write my views on Cheeniyas/varalotti/Sunkan/Chitvish....... I check twice befor i post.... I will promptly check whether they reply and in what manner.... Is it jovial.... or what it is before i proceed further....

When I joined, I joined with a specific intention of replying to one of Varlotti's article... My wife supported me as she is also here in IL and I also felt worst come worst I will leave with an apology. Fortunately varalotti didn't take it offensive..... So I continued.........If he has said something -ively for a minute that would have been my last reply....

This is my experience..... There may be others also thinking like me.....

So, in my opinion they need support from the elders to write....

My 2 bit...

Veda

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Veda,

You have a lot in you where writing is concerned. Why do you feel the big writers are sitting with a wand, two horns and thick spectacles to scan and hit budding writers. They too had their initial days, but, they had the confidence and they believed in themselves. ( I hope I am right dear seniors), you write, may be one day you will get a pat on your back from them. You need to be positive VEDA.... horrible you are... Write to me everyday. I will make you FULL POSITIVE.... Common, give it a try....

And this message is for everyone. Senior writers also feel insecured bt they still write and keep writing.

Watch sony tv, listen to what Javed Akhthar is saying.... be self confident. Thats all................

7. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mals,

I love browsing this site but due to lack of time, I sometimes only pop in to check the brain teasers or an interesting thread...when I have time and definite thoughts on whatever the discussion is about, I do try to pitch in.

But for a lot of us, lack of time I think is an issue...like right now I'm on my lunch break...eating, browsing and answering some emails at the same time...:-D

But do keep up the good work. And also for the wake up call. I'l ltry to at least write a one liner if I like a thread I'm browsing...:yes:

Take care,
    Aarushi

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Happy me... Thats what is called a real SPORT............

Hats off Aarushi............

9. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Mals,

Millions listen to their favorite radio talks but how many actually call in?? and how many respond to calls of donations to keep the stations alive (still less i am sure)

Same with news papers with subcriptions in millions but letters to the editor ??

And the ratio of world leaders to world population ?? abyssmal.

But still the radio talks go on , News papers flourish and new leaders pop up and every thing goes on nothing stops......:)

So in other words you do what you want to do and continue doing it and others (non responders) wil do what they want to do (do not respond) and continue to do so.

As a writer (You) and a responder (me) we can only hope that our output is stirring enough to wake up the sleepingsouls (non responders):tongue

1 person likes this.
  10. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,
    Dont get disheartened.We do enjoy reading your threads as well as lot more of others.But as others say its only time constraint that deters us from replying to each and every one.
    So keep them coming ........as always!
    Regards
    Latha Sasidharan
    :wave