I am trying to find my friend!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by priya g, Jan 29, 2010.

1. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

Help me! I am trying to find my friend!

First the background- Her name is Aruna Adusumalli. well that was before marraige, maybe after marriage she has changed her name. We were friends during our graduation and together at hostel. I did my graduation from Siddhartha Woman's college, Vijayawada. We did BSc Microbiology together and then I left for Bhopal for MBA and she joined MAsters Course in Hyderabad! Now, that was in 1999! I was close to her and initially we even exchanged letters (those were the days of "no mobiles) but gradually perhaps got busy! I had left hostel in teh final year and then soon being a day-scholar, just lost touch with a good friend.

Now, I recall her very often. where she is she? Must be in SOuth or North or US. When I chanced upon this site I feel that there is hope and I can locate her. Aruna...are you there? Somewhere? Its me...remember I came from Madras (Chennai now) and we used to gel well! If yes, let us atleast come in contact with each other again!

help me friends...I am very hopeful that this site will reunite me with my long lost friend!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Priya,

Friends in school & colleges are really the greatest. I understand how much you miss her.

Contact your college, check the alumni directory or try getting their permanent address, then you can trace her.

Try this link. Hope she is the one you are looking for.

ibibo: Aruna Adusumalli

1 person likes this.
  3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    So good that you are trying to look for your pal!
    Some touch our lives in more ways than they know!
    If you have renewed contacts with her and the link that Natpudan gave did work, let us know!

Hey try Facebook or orkut if you haven't yet looked for her there!
    Good luck!

4. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

Oh Thank you Janani...natpudan for being so understanding. Yes, I tried looking for her in Facebook/orkut but so far have failed. There are soooo many Arunas out there :bowdown! Anyway, natpudan tx for goving me this url link...and thats y I like this site sooo much! I feel this is the only most decent site where all Indian intellectual women brainstorm, discuss and empathise! Hope I trace my friend soon..!

1 person likes this.
  5. StaarBearer

StaarBearer Senior IL'ite

Priya,

My Best Wishes for You in finding Your friend.

I had a childhood friend (she used to sit beside me and i used to hate her initially) whom i lost touch with when we finished schooling. We exchanged letters once when I was in my PG and this was interpreted differently by her parents. We never wrote/saw each other after this.

When I signed-up in Orkut, and found her from my school alumni list. Unfortunately, she had no time for the old friend and even said she wasnt vanitha at all. I understood Life takes a different beat, Wished her Best luck and never contacted her again.

I know how it feels when it comes to finding an old friend, All the Very Best to You.

6. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Finally I found my friend for whom I was searching everywhere, this Diwali! Wow it was after 11 looooong years adn searching everywhere! And where did I stumble upon her? On Facebook! I had been looking for her since one year and she was nowhere seen. I was wondering that with a milllion Arunas and many with flowers and actresses pics on their profiles how on earth will I ever find her! Then one day i just searched for her (that was a week before diwali) and lo! Her profile appeared!
    But my problems didnt seem to end! I sent sooooo many messages and friend invites and she would not reply! Then one fine day I got a mail from her and her number and we are talking away almost daily with each other!
    Just thought of sharing with all my friends at ILs! It is great to have a nice friend back in life!

1 person likes this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hey Priya,

So happy you found your friend at last. Must be such a wonderful feeling. Wishing you and your friend many happy hours of chatting on phone and do hope you meet up soon. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

I too had such an experience with facebook. I found two friends of mine after nearly 17 years without having any contacts all year through. Yeah I can imagine your happiness. I even could talk to one of them. The other one is in Australia and hope to call soon. Now I am searching for my childhood friend Jayashri who studied with me in Trichy up to 5th std. I can never forget the times we played in her house. They had a big house with a big garden with flowering plants and trees. When I visited Trichy after a few years I came to know that they sold off the house as her father got transferred to Madurai or Kovai. I hope to find her soon.I unexpectedly stumbled upon my friend Raji who was also my classmate till 5th. After we shifted to chennai I never had any contact with her. I was so excited when she joined my class in 11th. We are still in touch.

1 person likes this.