1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

I am starting my diet on the 15th ...

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sherryindera, Aug 13, 2007.

1. sherryindera

sherryindera New IL'ite

Half of the month, I will go on fruits and vegetables, pure and only. I will still have my coffee in the morning with 1 tspn of sugar, and milk. 3 meals only per day, dinner with little chicken or fish...soups warm at lunch and dinner.

I exercise in the mornings, because its before the children wake up, 1 hour of med to high impact aerobics.....a video or dvd..Drink water through out your workout...

Ladies this is a hard regimen to have all these foods especially if your working like I do....But i want to be perfect when my husband comes back from his business trip....so I have a goal to do this....Set your mind and make it strong it will happen for you too. and your skin will glow....because of all the good things you are putting in your body....try also adding lemon to your water, it will also help flush out your liver...

Menu,

Breakfast,
    One tall glass of water
    coffee w milk and 1tspn of sugar (I have to!)
    carrot juice, fresh from the juicer, I will throw back the pulp inside to keep the fiber.
    or whatever I feel like juicing, carrots, celery, cabbage, tomatoes...all fresh all good...

Mid Snack,
    1 tall glass of water
    1 bananna, plain or blended with water, makes an excellent shake...add strawberries, and milk too ...

Lunch
    1 tall glass of water
    Vegetable soup...........makes quick with the pulp from juicing, adding onions garlic and curry and spices........stay away from much salt as it packs on toward water retentiion....(if you have had babies!)
    and Salad with your favourite dressing, I believe you are cutting out all the rest of the foods, why not have your favourite dressing, my favourite is ranch!....lol

Snack
    1 tall glass of water
    Apple, fresh or pureed, or juiced....

Dinner,
    1 tall glass of water
    3-4 oz of chicken or fish......(they are leaner choices)
    chopped in vegetables, add the spices....this is to have in soup...iF YOU WOULD LIKE YOU CAN ADD A A HALF CUP COOKED RICE TO YOUR SOUP....

Bedtime snack no later than 7pm
    1 tall glass of water
    orange, banana, apple....

Just so your not tempted....make your meals seperate from the families....
    be strong in your mind you will not eat anything else....if you must have a piece of roti, chapati....to get rid of the starch sugar craving. Not more than 1 per day....

NO JUNK FOOD!

Do a few sit ups before bed.....and water

What do you think ladies.......I have done this before....and i have lost 30 lbs....since i have returned from india in April....I have gotten use to the no no foods, chapatis potatoes, rice.....
    Will let you know how it goes for me!

Love

2. madhusudanreddy

madhusudanreddy New IL'ite

hi Indera,

u r menu looks great! thanks for sharing, and can u explain how wil u

preapare soups from pulp?

keep updating !

regards
    Srilatha

3. madhusudanreddy

madhusudanreddy New IL'ite

hi Indera,

u r menu looks great! thanks for sharing , and can u explain how wil u prepare

soups from pulp?

keep updating u r dieting!

regards
    Srilatha

4. sherryindera

sherryindera New IL'ite

Hi,

Sorry I didnt tell you how I will cook the soups because everyone likes to do their own way.....

I mostly like to start with a curry base....like the base of chicken soup...or boulionn... but i will cut out the salt.....does this make sense....I will explain..
    I will cut up onions, and garlic,,, chop fine with hand blender...then mix the curry paste... then cook on low med heat...let cook and simmer....then i will add the pulp in the curry paste....let cook together...you can add potatoes....but for my weight loss, i want to stay away from starches... you can add one or two potatoes or a 1/2 cup of rice of you wish...its still low calories
    then add boulion if you like...basically i will not...(water retention you know is my problem) but you can add this, this is basically all the salt you should need...then add 3-4 cups of water....*the Veggie pulp is from the veggies i juice....i always keep them as they are great additives to the soup...yes even the apples if i juice carrots and apples together....I just imagine its my most favourite disk and drink it ..... dont add corn starchh or thickeners...goes right to your hips!

you can add frozen veggies...the reason i like the pulp because its easier to digest as well ....this is just something that I made up myself....no recipe was given to me......
    please give me some ideas if you have them....enjoy.....and ladies the weight will drop off...just stay focused.....yes * I forgot one thing....adding meat whether from your cooked food from the family or seperately prepared will full u up... so please add it, but have at dinner time....because you dont want to wake up famished.....

love