1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am SSSSSSSSSSooooooooooooorr rrrrryyyyy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swtsvn, Jan 22, 2008.

1. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

Have you ever had this experience when words are stuck on your throat, and they dont come out? Well, I have had several experiences like this, especially with asking sorry.:iagree

I know I did the mistake,
    I know the right thing to do is ask sorry,
    I will go stand in front of that person,
    Hands together
    lips pressed
    and the other person will be like "WHAT are you trying to do?" bonk

The words "I am sorry" dance inside my throat and never come out.

During school days, I had two beautiful friends, with whome i never had to ask sorry. They were quite understanding and sweet to forget that I never asked forgiveness. Well, they never asked sorry to me too, so i think its even. :cheers

In College, too I had two close friends. I dont know whats with me and the number two, everywhere i go, i tend to make two best friends. Anyways, back to the story, I never asked sorry to one of my friend, he always asked sorry even though i did the mistake. But there was a kind of difference between the sorry he said for his misdeeds, and the sorrys he said for mine. So distinct in the tone, that we would laugh over it.

But with the other friend, I had so many times, where in I should have asked sorry but i dint, because it was difficult for me. It was like the first time you know, like the first time i had to ask sorry, i was standing still, with " i am sorry" running in my mind in circles, but i couldnt say it.

Thanks to my friend after four years of training, I managed to deliver a few apologies.
    Now that I am married, "whew" I am grateful to my friend for all that training because it seems that almost every weekend me and my husband fight, and we have to exchange a lotttttttt of sorrys.

Now I am really glad, I was able to master this skill, because I found out, these three little words bring peace to a bitter situation. Well, I dont remember what subjects my college taught me, but i sure remember this little life lesson.:hatsoff

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

never say sorry until u mean it,
    never say sorry to pacify if it is not true,
    never say sorry to boost an ego,
    never say sorry to to save ur image

BUT

do say sorry if you have to and never hesitate
    do say sorry if it can change the mood into a good one
    do say sorry to make up with your spouse
    do say sorry to god as often as u can when something gone wrong so you dont carry the guilt for the rest of your life....sunkan

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Suja,
    Nice blog on "Sorry". Though these are the first few words we learn to speak when young as we grow older it becomes difficult to use it.I have seen some people who rather not speak to you if they have to say sorry. It has happened to me when I want to say it, I keep wondering how to , when to, wait till the right moment. Like this the time to acutally have said it is gone. Have wondered if that is just a way of delying it or avoid saying it. This was earlier, now Iam better than before that I cannot believe it is me. Even now I only if I feel the need or know for sure it is my mistake I will say SORRY!!!!!!

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Nice blog.. I like the reply given by Sundari...I have to go with her reply that say sorry to spouse to makeup and say sorry to God so as not to carry guilt.. I think it matters more with God because in the end it is always between you and God and never between you and them...keep blogin..

5. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Sorry is the easiest thing I can say... Whenever I feel what I have done is wrong, I will immediately say sorry... I have no ego issues....

Among friends and collegues.... If my asking sorry is going to reduce the tension or ease out the situation, I will easily say sorry and get it off... I still remember once, my Boss telling me... you are not here to teach morals and ethics etc... All are educationd and qualified... They should know... If they dont, it is their problem and not yours... So... I will try to explain things... But I am definitely not here to change or teach anybody anything...

Yes... With my kids... I am strict... because they should know the values... So, I teach them... Even with them, if I am wrong, tell them sorry... They love me for that...

Finally... with GOD... Till date I have never felt I have to say Sorry... Total surrender to him... Because it is HE who is making me do things... I am just a puppet in HIS hands... Whether it is right wrong or otherwise... it is his...

I may be right or I may be wrong....

6. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Good post.. However I would like to quote Erich Segal

"Love means never having to say you are sorry".

I know its "unrealistic", but what the heck.. Always remain DieHard Romantic. You never know you may rub that to others too..

7. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

hi sunkan,
    nice poem, short on words, elaborate on meaning.,
    janani, i too ve the same prob, i wait until the right moment, by then it s too late. if i think and wait, its gone, i ve to speak out without thinking much i guess.
    actually it s a gift to feel sorry and ask forgiveness to others. i guess vyasan is indeed gifted here. good for u:)