1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Ringing The Warning Bell. Are you Listening, Ladies?

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jan 16, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks For your beautiful words, Jothi!

PUT YOUR LISTENING EARS ON - seems to be a very clean sum up of all the discussions we have had so far in this thread. So thanks a lot for your beautiful words, Jothi.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Thats the best reward for a writer!

Dear Aishu,
    When you said that my writings did have an impact on you and made you to act and that act had a beneficial result, that is the greatest reward you can confer on a writer.
    And thanks a million for that.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Thanks For Listening, Radha!

Dear Radha,
    Why dont you be the first to debate on the topic and add spice to the thread? Of course this thread and a lot others of mine are already pretty spicy.
    While I welcome discussion and debating, we should have them just for the sake of having them. There are points which should be debated. For example if you see the Laskhmi Threads of mine of last year, you will be amazed by the kind of discussion we had, the hot debates we had and so on. At the same time when there is nothing to debate, you can come in to clarify, add to the points and then move on.
    When I say listening is important we cant debate and say,;No no, listening is not important. Maybe you can add to the points; comment on the examples and clarify some thing.
    Thanks for the participation, Radha
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Time Again To Relax, Ladies!

Gracious ILites,

Thanks for the enthusiastic participation in the listening thread. The way in which I was listened to, looked like there was some competition going on for the best listening.If that's so, all of you have got the first prize.
    The thread became heavy but when punctuated by calls for PJ parties, and the chatter of some 17-year olds, it became balanced and delightful. It is my duty to thank the bunch of 17 year olds who added glamour, grace and happiness to this otherwise serious discussion.

Now let us relax a bit with a poem of Bharathi. It is not just relaxation, in the sense we relax in the bed, but relaxation, as it happens in deep meditation. Yes, this poem is to be meditated upon. That is why the great poet Bharathi gave the title "Yoga Siddhi" to this collection of poems. I am selecting two pieces from that collection, the two which I love the most.

This is a clarion call for meditation and relaxation. Do join me, ladies so that we are prepared for the next heavy topic in the coming week-end.
    Varalotti

5. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sorry

Hi Sridhar,

I think I am tooooooooooo late, to replyto this thread. I am now in Saudi and I am not as relax as in India. So Yesterday only I read all the 63 posts, and I decided toreply today. But before that you completed the thread it seems. Once again Sorry Sridhar, for replying late.

This is one of your best thread. Heavy topic but you handled it very nicely. Listening to others is a art and all of us want others to hear us but we are not hearing i.e. listening them, from our children to GOD we want them to Listern. After reading your thread I started thinking of myself how far I am listening.:-D

6. varalotti

No need to be sorry, Krishnaamma!

Hi Krishnaamma,

I am happy that at last you were able to make it. No need to be sorry. This is an open discussion room where you can enter any time. (and of course exit any time). In my thread on affair I have feedbacks which are more than 6 months older than the leader post.

In all these threads, especially, the recent ones, I am experimenting on dealing an aspect of personality that needs a fresh look. Seeing your support I want to deal with raw emotions in the future threads. We do have many raw emotions in us, and are afraid even to think about it.

Thanks once again for coming in. And thanks a lot for your kind words.
    regards,
    sridhar