1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am PROUD of DH!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by loonypooh, Jul 19, 2010.

1. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

I dont know about something like this coming so naturally. i do believe in it depending on their upbringing. things like growing up with girl children, raised by parents who try to teach their boy children to do little bit of house chores once in a while, parents who fall sick often & would need help.. all of these definitely contribute.

i still remember one day when dd was about 1 year old.. poop explosion.. i cleaned her, handed over her to DH asking him to dry the area & change her. went into the bathroom to clean myself up. coming out i see my mil changing her and telling me strictly not to ask her son to do all that, when we both are around. i was shocked coz my brother can even handle a 1 day old baby for the whole day & can also take care of his wife at the same time. just imagine this with a 30yr old man.. what all pampering he would have received when he was a 3 yr old.. now its the same man who does everything for the child weekdays & weekends.

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Poonam,
    I envy you dear, such a darling husband you have got, bless you both! I guess men are also catching up on the happiness of being parent to their children. I hope that his tribe grows in number.
    I know many men who are more motherly than women. I have seen them raise their children well. Hats off to them!

3. anitharoy

anitharoy Junior IL'ite

really you are blessed da. Thank God and pray to him so that this happiness last forever in your family.:):thumbsup

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Pooh, God Bless our Men. And I knew you guys will cope just beautifully. Job Well done all three of you.

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

oh asha, DHs case is diff, he definitely wasnt brought up this way!
    i remember once he was helping me cut some veggies in the kitchen, he seldom used to those days,my BIL taunted him.... oh wow, look what our man is upto, never thought u wld be doing these chores !with a wicked laugh. which echoed into my ears for days...

thn once in my 2nd trimester, i was winding up the washing machine, and carrying a bucket full of clothes to the terrace, DH quickly came, lifted the clothes n started to haang dry them. MIL bursted saying, in our families men dont do these things, must be a norm in ur family, not ours!then said something to DH in tamil, and burst out into a saddist laughter..I felt so bad.

these things took toll on me, so much so that DH knew it was about time to move out, if we had to keep our sanity... I am so happy by baby has such a caring dad :)

today wen i was coming home, i saw DH strolling with DD in the lawn, DD right against her chest, eyes closed.... moment he saw me, he screamed MAMA IS HERE! DD almost screamed with joy!

varloo, anitha, thanks!!

tikka, thanks, i knew he was a great dad too, as soon as Z was born. And I always knew there was a special bond, who would hv thought we three could survive the pregnancy days and postpartum days alone?we did it, and i am so happy

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Poonam,
    my husband also used to take care of Aravindh, clean him when he pooped or peed, bottle fed him and all that. But his parents and brothers taunted him so much that slowly he stopped helping me out. But his brothers, both elder to him, do almost everything at home to help their wives now.
    Our society is still the same, it is rather difficult to change it.

7. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Poo.. So happy for you!

Yes my DH is also Ditto , DS is his apple of his eye, he changes, feeds even the 2am feeds , they have being times that he used to be oncall in hospital for 30hrs with no sleep and yet he would insist that he would change and feed him , i still wonder where he gets that energy from , me being at home get exhausted by the end of the day.

My MIL has a good influence on DH , she always keeps telling him to help wife and both should share household work, no matter who is earning or not, When DS was born she told him this precious early days are not going to come back ,so enjoy this time and spend as much time with DS ,as they grow so quick you dnt want to miss a single moment.

But I have personal seen in my my frnds circle that men make good parents, they always have risen to challenge to raising kids and also helping wife at home.

Its a welcoming change.

8. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

poonam,

You both are too lucky to have this guy in your life....
    My DH too has a special bond with his daughter....He ll do anything for his DD..:)